Oleanz Plus Tablet
Oleanz Plus Tablet Description
Oleanz Plus tablet is used in persons with depression due to bipolar disorder and treatment-resistant depression. Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterised by severe mood swings and extreme
ehaviour. The active ingredients in the Oleanz Plus tablet are Fluoxetine and Olanzapine. Both these ingredients act in combination and balance certain chemicals in the brain, which helps to relieve the symptoms. Side effects of Oleanz Plus tablets include dizziness, drowsiness, headache, constipation, and increased blood sugar levels. Directions for use of Oleanz Plus tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine should be taken orally and is prescribed chiefly for the long term. It is important to maintain the schedule and dosage of Oleanz Plus tablets. Do not discontinue Oleanz Plus tablets without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹16.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fluoxetine(20.0 Mg) + Olanzapine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Bipolar disorder-related depression, Treatment for resistant depression|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Headache, Increased blood sugar|
Uses of Oleanz Plus Tablet
- Bipolar disorder-related depression
- Treatment-resistant depression
Contraindications of Oleanz Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Fluoxetine or Olanzapine.
- If you have taken or are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like Isocarboxazid and Phenelzine.
Side effects of Oleanz Plus Tablet
- Increased blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Oleanz Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart, visual, liver, or kidney disorders.
- You have a family history of suicide, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, low blood pressure, or high cholesterol.
- You notice any unusual changes like visual disturbances, weight gain, hallucinations, uncontrolled movements, sweating, or racing heartbeat.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You need to drive or operate heavy machinery after taking an Oleanz Plus tablet.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You take other medications, vitamins or supplements; provide the treating doctor with your complete medical history.
Mode of Action of Oleanz Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oleanz Plus Tablet
- Oleanz Plus tablet should be taken only on a doctor's recommendation. It is usually taken for a longer duration.
- You can have an Oleanz Plus tablet with or without food.
- Oleanz Plus tablets have to be taken orally with water. The tablet cannot be chewed or crushed for use.
- Maintain a proper schedule and have the medicine at the same time every day. It is usually recommended to take it once a day, in the evening.
- Do not stop taking the medicine without consulting your doctor. It might take up to 4 weeks to notice any effects with this medicine.
Interactions of Oleanz Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication) like Ibuprofen blood thinners can cause bleeding and bruising.
- Antidepressants and other antipsychotic medications can affect the absorption and elimination of both medicines from the body.
- Herbal medicines to treat depression like St John's Wort.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice tends to interact with Oleanz Plus tablets and should be avoided.