Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Nupenta Itr Tablet contains a combination of Itopride and Pantoprazole as their active components. It is used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the
stomach comes up to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach. You may experience side effects like diarrhoea, stomach pain and headache while on treatment with this medicine, but they usually go away with time; in any case, if you feel any discomfort please contact your doctor.
Uses of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients Pantoprazole, Itopride, or any other ingredient in Nupenta Itr Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other proton pump inhibitor medicines such as pantoprazole, omeprazole, rabeprazole, etc.
- If you are suffering from blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the intestine or stomach.
Side effects of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or intestines.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 in your body.
- You are on medications to treat HIV infection.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment with Nupenta Itr Tablet.
- You have a blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the intestine or stomach.
- You are above 60 years old.
- You develop a rash on your skin on exposure to the sun, contact your doctor.
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop causing symptoms like fatigue, muscle contractions, altered mental state, fits, dizziness, rapid heart rate. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same....
- Nupenta Itr Tablet is not recommended for use in a patient below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Nupenta Itr Tablet works by the combined action of both its components - Pantoprazole and Itopride.
- Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and hence leads to reduced acid production.
- Itopride works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines, thus accelerates the emptying of the stomach.
Directions for Use of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nupenta Itr Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your fungal infections, cancer, HIV-infection, mental health problems.
- Other medicines like atropine, benztropine mesylate, cyclopentolate, dicyclomine, Methotrexate, St John’s wort should be used with caution with Nupenta Itr Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Nupenta Itr Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Nupenta Itr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Nupenta Itr Tablet?
Q: Does Nupenta Itr Tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: How to take Nupenta Itr Tablet?
Q: Can Nupenta Itr Tablet be given to children?
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 December 2022]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 December 2022]
- Ganaton OD 150 mg capsule [Internet]. Medicine.abbott. 2022 [cited 27 December 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 December 2022]