Nildep 25mg Tablet
Nildep 25 MG Description
Nildep 25 tablet is a prescription medication. It is an antidepressant used primarily to treat the symptoms of major depressive disorder. In addition to treating depression, this medicine is also use
d for the temporary management of nocturnal enuresis (night bedwetting) in children. The active component of Nildep 25 mg tablets is Imipramine (25 mg). It belongs to a class of medications called tricyclic antidepressants. Depression is a debilitating mental health disorder characterised by pervasive low moods, decreased motivation, feelings of hopelessness and dread, and loss of interest in daily activities. Multiple brain pathways and chemical messengers are affected in depression, chiefly serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine. The mode of action of Nildep 25 tablets is by targeting these pathways and neurotransmitters to help relieve the symptoms of depression. Directions for use of Nildep 25 tablets should be strictly followed. It should be taken exactly as recommended by the doctor. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause a relapse of symptoms, withdrawal symptoms, and worsening of the underlying condition. Side effects of Nildep 25 tablets include weight gain, constipation, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, sleepiness, urinary retention, orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing up), increased heart rate, heart rhythm abnormalities, dizziness, blurred vision, and confusion.
|You Save||₹3.92 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder, Temporary management of nocturnal enuresis|
|Side effects||Constipation, Urinary retention, Weight gain, Confusion, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Tiredness, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Confusion, Delirium, Dizziness, Seizures|
Uses of Nildep 25 MG
- Nildep 25 tablets are used in the treatment of:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Temporary management of nocturnal enuresis (night bedwetting) in children
Contraindications of Nildep 25 MG
- Do not take Nildep 25 tablet or use caution:
- If you have hypersensitivity to the active or inactive ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of heart conditions, such as irregular heart rhythm or myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- If you are diagnosed with angle-closure glaucoma, prostate enlargement, liver disease, and urinary retention. This medicine is contraindicated.
- If you are diagnosed with porphyrias (a blood disorder); this medication should be avoided.
- If you have a history of bipolar disorder, mania, or a family history of mania. This medicine is contraindicated.
- If you are a child under six. Nildep 25 tablet is not meant for use in children.
- If you are an adolescent or young adult under 24. Use extreme caution as Nildep 25 tablets may increase suicidal ideation in this age group.
Side effects of Nildep 25 MG
- Side effects of Nildep 25 tablets include:
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (sleepiness)
- Urinary retention
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing up)
- Increased heart rate (tachycardia)
- Heart rhythm abnormalities
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Nildep 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You take other medications for your health.
- You experience any discomfort or sudden mood changes.
Mode of Action of Nildep 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nildep 25 MG
- Take Nildep 25 tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Nildep 25 tablets require 2-4 weeks for onset of action. Do not increase the dose without explicit advice from your treating physician.
- Take Nildep 25 tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Take Nildep 25 tablets at the same time every day, so a stable level of the medication is maintained in the body. Do not take Nildep 25 tablets with other medicines without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Nildep 25 tablets; this can result in adverse effects from withdrawal.
Interactions of Nildep 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Nildep 25 tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medication being taken to be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines are known to interact with Nildep 25 tablets....
- Concomitant use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or within 14 days of MAOIs use is not advised. Examples of MAOIs include selegiline and rasagiline.
- Nildep 25 tablets with other medication, like isocarboxazid, that increase serotonin levels can be fatal.
- Do not use Nildep 25 tablets with medicines that decrease the seizure threshold.
- Do not use Nildep 25 tablets with other CNS depressants.
- Nildep 25 tablets should not be mixed with opioid medications or benzodiazepines.
- Nildep 25 tablets affect heart rhythm and should not be used in addition to other medicine (like astemizole and cisapride) with the same effect. This can lead to life-threatening conditions.
- This medication can potentiate the effect of anticoagulants, resulting in bleeding manifestations.
- Concomitant use with beta-blockers can increase the blood concentrations of imipramine and increase side effects.
Storage and disposal of Nildep 25 MG
Dosage of Nildep 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been using Nildep 25 tablets for a month now and feel better. Can I stop taking it?
Q: I have been using Nildep 25 tablets for a few days but feel no change. What should I do?
Q: I have felt very hungry ever since I started this medication. My weight has also increased. Should I stop the tablet?
- Imipramine Hydrochloride Tablets USP 10 mg, 25 mg, and 50 mg [Internet]. accessdata.fda.gov [cited 8 March 2022]
- Fayez R, Gupta V. Imipramine. [Updated 2021 Nov 20]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -
- Imipramine Tablets BP 25 mg: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -
- Imipramine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action [Internet] go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -