Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule Description
Nexpro RD 20 capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which does not respond to esomeprazole medication alone. It contains a combination of esom
eprazole and domperidone. GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back up to the food pipe and causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. Nexpro RD 20 capsule works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves mortality in the gut. Thus, it reduces the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. Take this medicine as per the prescribed duration. It should preferably be taken at least an hour before the meal. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Nexpro RD 20 capsule is not recommended for use in children below 18 years of age.
|You Save||₹17.76 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Domperidone(30.0 Mg) + Esomeprazole(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Uses of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
Contraindications of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole, domperidone or any other ingredients of Nexpro RD 20 capsule.
- If you have a blockage or tear in the intestines.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder, bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have severe heart problems such as congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are taking medicines such as Nelfinavir (used in HIV infection), Clarithromycin (antibiotic), Ketoconazole (antifungal) or Verapamil (used in high blood pressure and chest pain).
Side effects of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver and kidney-related diseases.
- You have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You experience black stools or have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You develop skin lesions, especially in the sun-exposed area, after taking this medicine.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV or apomorphine (used to treat muscle stiffness).
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing and unconsciousness.
- You experience stomach pain or indigestion, unexplained weight loss, have problems while swallowing, vomit out food or blood after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- You are on these capsules for long-term treatment (more than three months), your blood magnesium levels may decrease. Hence, your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Nexpro RD 20 capsule is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
- You are taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Nexpro RD 20 capsule may lead to a slightly increased risk of bacterial infections due to salmonella and campylobacter organisms.
Mode of Action of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the flow of stomach acids.
- Esomeprazole works by binding to this proton pump in stomach cells and blocks the acid secretion.
- Domperidone acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
Interactions of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Nexpro RD 20 capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder. Nexpro RD 20 capsule should not be taken concomitantly along with medicines such as nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection), amiodarone (used to treat muscle stiffness), clarithromycin (antibiotic), ketoconazole (antifungal) or verapamil (used in high blood pressure, chest pain)....
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking warfarin (blood-thinner) along with this medicine, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
- Store Nexpro RD capsules below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Nexpro Rd 20mg Capsule
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Nexpro RD 20 capsule?
Q: Can Nexpro RD capsule be taken after food?
Q: How much time does it take for Nexpro RD 20mg capsule to act?
Q: Can we take Nexpro capsule along with itraconazole?
Q: Is cap Nexpro RD 20 used to treat acidity?
Q: What is the composition of the Nexpro RD?
Q: How does Nexpro RD work?
Q: Is there any side effect of Nexpro rd 20?
- ESOMAC-D Capsules (Esomeprazole magnesium + Domperidone) [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Esomeprazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Esomeprazole 20 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Motilium Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Esomeprazole 20 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Motilium Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]