Neuromed Gf Tablet
By DAKSH PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neuromed Gf Tablet is a combination of Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin.
Uses of Neuromed Gf Tablet
Treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Neuromed Gf Tablet
- If you are allergic to gabapentin, methylcobalamin, this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have an eye disorder, due to excess consumption of tobacco especially cigar and pipe
- This medicine is not meant to treat anaemia, especially in pregnant women
Side effects of Neuromed Gf Tablet
- Confusion, depression, headache, dizziness and difficulty in movement
- Chest pain, feeling sick, tiredness, muscle and joint pain and fatigue
- Swelling of face and body parts, weight variations, rashes and itching
- Diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion, vomiting, dry mouth and sore throat
- Infection of eyes, lungs, throat, airways and urinary tract
- Blurred vision, high blood pressure, spinning of head and low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Neuromed Gf Tablet
Can I take Neuromed Gf Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy as it can interfere with the growth, development of the brain and other body parts of the fetus. Your doctor may give you this medicine only if the benefits outweigh the potential risk.
Can I take Neuromed Gf Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Neuromed Gf Tablet?
After taking this medicine, you may experience dizziness, drowsiness or sometimes depression. Avoid driving or operating machinery, especially during initial days of treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Neuromed Gf Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience behavioral change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- If you have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder
- If you develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine
- If you are an older adult, the risk of getting side effects are more
- If you experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor
- This medicine should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances
Mode of Action of Neuromed Gf Tablet
How Does It Work?
Methylcobalamine is a form of vitamin B12 which helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves in the brain. The exact mechanism of how gabapentin works is not known. However, it is known to act on specific receptors in the brain and reduce the release of chemicals in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Neuromed Gf Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals
Interactions of Neuromed Gf Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor
- You may experience mood swings, anxiety and irritability if you are taking medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin and Ethyl phenacemide
- Antacids should be taken with a gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine
- This medicine should not be taken at the same time with antibiotics especially tetracycline as it can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics
- Cough medicine like Hydrocodone, cancer medicines especially Methotrexate can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine
- Other medicines like Cholestyramine, Neomycin, Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Metformin and Nitrous oxide can interact with the action of this medicine
Storage and disposal of Neuromed Gf Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C and protect it from light
Dosage of Neuromed Gf Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, laziness or sometimes diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
A: Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. It is spontaneous in origin and occurs in the absence of any injury or trauma. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Neuromed Gf Tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
- CDSCO. Methylcobalamin and Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- NIH. Vitamin B12. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- Biocon. Methylcobalamin and Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- USFDA. Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved