Myticom Eye Drops
Myticom Eye Drops Description
Myticom Eye Drop is a combination medicine containing Moxifloxacin, an antibiotic and Dexamethasone, a steroid. These drops help to treat various bacterial infections of the eyes and also prevents th
e further risk of infection and reduces inflammation of the eyes especially post-surgery. You may experience mild symptoms like blurred vision, redness, irritation in the eye, headache and dizziness on initial use of the eye drops. These eye drops should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Please talk to your doctor regarding your health condition before using the eye drops.
|You Save||₹18.13 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dexamethasone(0.1 %W/V) + Moxifloxacin(0.5 %W/V)|
|Uses||Bacterial infections of the eye, post operative inflammation|
|Side effects||Eye irritation, blurred vision, headache and dizziness|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Myticom Eye Drops
- To treat bacterial infections of the eye like conjunctivitis.
- To treat and control the redness, swelling, pain, inflammation of the eye and reduce the post-surgery.
Contraindications of Myticom Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients of the drops i.e. Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone.
- If you are suffering from a fungal infection.
- Children below 18 years of age.
Side effects of Myticom Eye Drops
- Eye irritation
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Myticom Eye Drops
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to the active ingredient Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone, or any other ingredient of the eyedrops.
- You are suffering from a fungal infection.
- You are suffering from an eye infection caused by the herpes simplex virus.
- You have a history of cataract, glaucoma, or increased (intraocular) pressure in the eye.
- You are wearing contact lenses, as they must be removed before instilling the eye drops.
- This medicine is not to be used in children below 18 years of age.
- Use this medicine with caution in the elderly.
Mode of Action of Myticom Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Myticom Eye Drops
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss the dose.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Check the expiry of the product.
Interactions of Myticom Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- As these eye drops are used externally, interactions with medicine are unlikely. However, if you are using other eye drops, Myticom Eye Drop can affect the way they work and may alter the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Hence, you should be cautious while taking other eye drops along with Myticom Eye Drop....
- Please inform your doctor about all the medicine, herbal supplements, vitamins that you are taking.
Dosage of Myticom Eye Drops
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I wear contact lenses after instilling the eye drops?
Q: Can I use Myticom Eye Drop for my child?
Q: When should I use Myticom Eye Drop?
Q: Will Myticom Eye Drop be beneficial in treating ear infections?
- MOXIVIG 0.5%w/v Eye Drops, Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]
- MOXIVIG 0.5%w/v Eye Drops, Solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]
- Drugs H. Dexamethasone Ophthalmic: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]