Mucosys 20% Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Mucosys 200 MG/ML Description
Mucosys Injection is used as adjuvant therapy in various respiratory diseases associated with excessive mucous secretion. Lung and airway diseases such as bronchitis, shortness of breath (emphysema),
production of thick sticky mucus (cystic fibrosis) are usually related to excessive mucous secretion. It contains acetylcysteine which belongs to a class of medicines known as mucolytics (medicines that make the mucus less thick and sticky). Acetylcysteine present in Mucosys Injection helps in loosening the thick mucous and makes it easier to cough it out.
Uses of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
Contraindications of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
- If you are allergic to acetylcysteine or any ingredients of Mucosys Injection.
- Mucosys Injection should not be used in children below 14 years of age.
Side effects of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
- Low blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- You experience any difficulty in breathing, stop the medicine immediately.
- You have a history of ulcers and asthma.
- You experience any rashes or lesions on the skin or mucous membranes after taking this medicine.
- You have any history of intolerance to histamine, then you should avoid long term treatment.
- During the initial days of treatment, you may experience an increase in the secretions of the airways and lungs. You should contact your doctor if you experience any discomfort. Mucosys Injection is less likely to affect your driving abilities....
Mode of Action of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
- Take Mucosys Injection as advised by your doctor before or after your meals
- Do not take more than prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mucosys Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Cough suppressants should not be used at the same time while using this medicine as it can alter the way this medicine works.
- Activated charcoal can reduce the action of this medicine. Concomitant use is not advised.
- Antibiotics should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with Mucosys Injection
- Concomitant use of Glyceryl trinitrate a medicine used for heart-related disorder along with Mucosys Injection can cause low blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Mucosys 200 MG/ML
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Mucosys Injection an effective medicine? Does it have any other benefits?
- Mucosys Injection is being used as a mucolytic for a long time in lung and airway diseases and effectively reduces mucus secretion and improves other symptoms.
- It has excellent antioxidant properties that can be helpful for other disease conditions. Consult your doctor for more information.