Mtp Kit Description
MTP Kit is a medicinal mixture used to induce medical abortion or pregnancy termination. The medicine is a combination of two drugs; Mifepristone and Misoprostol. This medication reduces the activity
of the female hormone progesterone. Progesterone is necessary for maintaining pregnancy. When MTP Kit is taken, it reduces progesterone activity and results in menstruation, thereby aiding in abortion. MTP kit is taken with meals or as directed by your doctor. Consuming this does not affect fertility, but it can cause drowsiness, so avoiding activities that require full focus during this time is the best option. After taking this dose, take plenty of rest since it might induce severe stomach discomfort or vaginal bleeding, leading to abortion. Generally, the bleeding lasts for 12days.
|You Save||₹74.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Misoprostol(200.0 Mcg) + Mifepristone(200.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pregnancy termination/Abortion, inducing menstruation and labour, breast cancer, duodenal ulcers, and meningioma.|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, headache, appetite loss, abdominal pain, pain in legs, abdominal cramps, extreme tiredness, nausea and weakness.|
|Therapy||DRUGS ACTING ON UTERUS|
Uses of Mtp Kit
- Pregnancy termination/abortion
- Inducing labour
- Triggering menstruation
Contraindications of Mtp Kit
- If you want to get pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you have renal disease.
- If you have liver disorders.
- If you have allergies or hypersensitivity.
- If you have undergone ectopic pregnancy.
- If you are a female above 35 years of age.
- If you have asthma.
- If you have bleeding or clotting disorders.
Side effects of Mtp Kit
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Legs Pain
- Extreme Tiredness
- Abdominal Pain
- Appetite Loss
- If you suffer from any of the above symptoms, consult your physician.
Precautions and Warnings of Mtp Kit
Other General Warnings
- If you consume more than the daily recommended amount, it may result in toxicity in the body or other negative consequences.
- After 14 days following MTP kit delivery, a follow-up appointment is required to confirm legal abortion and check to bleed.
- If you have any troubles taking this or any other drug, consult a doctor or pharmacist.
- All additional prescriptions, including herbs and vitamins, should be mentioned to your doctor priorly.
- Avoid any drugs without consulting your doctor.
Mode of Action of Mtp Kit
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mtp Kit
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on the dosage and duration of this medication. The Gynaecologist or doctor determines the medicine dose for each individual based on their age, height, weight, mental state, allergy history, and overall health....
- Before using, double-check the instructions. MTP kit shall be taken with meals.
- Prefer taking Mifepristone after a meal to avoid gastrointestinal distress.
- Crushing or chewing tablets is not recommended.
- A patient should read the information within the packaging carefully to better understand the medicine.
- Only one Mifepristone pill is taken orally, followed by four vaginal abortion pills inserted vaginally one to three days later.
Interactions of Mtp Kit
Interactions with other medicines
- MTP Kit interaction with other medicines
- Antifungal medications
Interactions with food items
- MTP Kit interaction with food
- If you’re taking the drug for an extended period, you must take it with food at around the same time each day to keep your blood levels and effects stable.
- Do not have grapefruit or its juice during treatment because it can raise blood levels to unfavourable stages, increasing side effects.