Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj contains combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics.
Uses of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
- Treatment of infections caused by bacteria like sinus infection, ear infection, throat infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, skin and soft tissue infection, bone and joint infections, abdominal infection, genital infection in females.read less
- Treatment of infections after surgery such as gastrointestinal track surgery, pelvic cavity surgery, head and neck surgery or biliary track surgery.
Contraindications of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before
Side effects of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
Can I take Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj during pregnancy?
- It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy.
- However, it can be given to you by your doctor it really required.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj while breastfeeding?
- It is adviced not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
- The components of this medicine passes into breast milk & known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj?
It is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like diziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins
- You are an elderly patient
- You have liver problems
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands
- You have diarrhea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine
- You have difficulty in passing urine
Mode of Action of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
How Does It Work?
- Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helsps amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationread less
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, there is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR
- Increased side effects of when taken with methotrexate (used in treatment of cancer)
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Storage and disposal of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
- Store below 25°C
- Protect if from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj
- This injection will be given by your doctor or nurse, therefore it is less likely that you will receive more or less of this medicine. However taking Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.read less
- Other symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances and fluid retention.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you. So, it is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose inform them.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but, if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be the sign of inflammation of large intestine.
Q: I have allergy to pencillin, can I take Moxikind Cv 300mg Inj?
A: Never take this medicine if you are alllergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Other Products from this Brand
- Moxikind Cv 625 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Moxikind Cv 375 Mg Tablet 10 S
- Moxikind Cv Dry Syp 30 Ml
- Moxikind Cv Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Moxikind Cv 1 Gm Tablet
- Moxikind Cv 625 Mg Tablet
- Moxikind Cv 375 Mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Moxikind Cv 1 2 Gm Inj
- Moxikind Cv 80 11 4 Mg Drops 10 Ml
- Moxikind Cv Kid Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Moxikind Cv Dry Syp 60 Ml
- Moxikind Cv 200 28 5 Mg Tablet 6
- Moxikind Cv 250 50 Mg Injection 1
- Moxikind Cv Drops
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved