By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Montlevo Syp contains a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.
Uses of Montlevo Syp
To relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis characterized by sneezing, stuffed nose and nasal blockage.
Contraindications of Montlevo Syp
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine, Cetirizine, Montelukast or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance)
- Children of age 6 months to 11 years with kidney function problems
Side effects of Montlevo Syp
- Headache, sleepiness, feeling tired and weak
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, constipation and indigestion
- Dry mouth, blocked or runny nose and cough
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Rash, fever and ear infection
Precautions and Warnings of Montlevo Syp
Can I take Montlevo Syp during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Montlevo Syp while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Montlevo Syp?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Caution is advised while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Montlevo Syp?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness and can give you symptoms alike rhinitis such as headache & respiratory discomfort. Alcohol is also known to trigger certain allergic response including allergic rhinitis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone or Prednisolone
- If you are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma
- If you experience rash and breathing difficulty
- If you are suffering from psychiatric illness
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts, in case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- If you are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria
- If you are not able to empty the bladder completely
- This medicine is not for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack
Mode of Action of Montlevo Syp
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes that may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps make breathing easier
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions
Directions for Use of Montlevo Syp
- Take the medicine as directed by your physician
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Montlevo Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- Be cautious before giving this medicine to children if they are on medicines used for fits like Phenytoin, Phenobarbital or Rifampicin (antibiotic)
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Montlevo Syp
- Store below 30°C protect from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Montlevo Syp
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed to take any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses
together to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can this medicine worsen it?
A: This medicine is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability or suicidal behaviour. You need to be cautious as there can be increased frequency of suicidal thoughts, in case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take this medicine during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved