Monosporin Cream 500gm
Monosporin Cream 500gm Description
Monosporin Cream is a topical antimicrobial and antiseptic agent. It is used for wound care. It contains silver ions as the active ingredient. It helps prevent the spread of infection on wound, cuts,
burns and minor skin injuries, reduces local irritation, swelling, and pain. It also helps to retain moisture within the skin and can promote quick healing. Excessive use of this product should be avoided as it may result in the accumulation of silver in different parts of the body. In case you experience any of the side effects or you feel any discomfort after using the product, discontinue the use and inform the doctor. It is not recommended for children, pregnant and lactating mothers as there is limited safety information.
|You Save||₹25.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Antiseptic for wound care|
|Side effects||Rashes, burning, itching|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BURNS AND WOUND INFECTION|
Uses of Monosporin Cream 500gm
Contraindications of Monosporin Cream 500gm
- If you are allergic to silver or other ingredients of the product.
- The product should not be applied to bleeding wounds.
Side effects of Monosporin Cream 500gm
- Skin damage
- Burning sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Monosporin Cream 500gm
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergy or sensitivity after the application of the product.
- It should not be used in children and infants without consulting a doctor.
- Don't use the medicine for a prolonged duration and internal wounds.
- You should clean the wound completely before going for any procedure where the presence of metal can cause a problem such as hyperbaric oxygenation (a surgical procedure to speed up healing).
Mode of Action of Monosporin Cream 500gm
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Monosporin Cream 500gm
- The product should be used as directed by the doctor.
- You must clean the wound/injury before application.
- Apply a thin layer of the product and cover it with a dressing.
- Avoid frequent application of the product and change the dressing before each application.
Interactions of Monosporin Cream 500gm
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Monosporin Cream 500gm
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Monosporin Cream 500gm
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)