Monacilin 500mg Capsules
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monacilin 500 MG Description
Monacilin Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as infections of the lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues, sexually transmitted diseases, urinary
tract, etc. It contains ampicillin as an active ingredient that belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics.
|You Save||₹97.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Allergic reaction, skin rash, itching, irritation|
Check more medicines with composition as Ampicillin(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Monacilin 500 MG
Monacilin Capsule is used for the treatment of several types of bacterial infections of ear, nose and throat infection, respiratory tract, urinary tract, chest infection, sexually transmitted disease, blood poisoning, etc....
Contraindications of Monacilin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to ampicillin or any of the other ingredients of Monacilin Capsule.
- If you are allergic to any other antibiotics belonging to penicillin or cephalosporin class of antibiotics (called beta-lactams).
- If you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- If you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Monacilin 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Monacilin 500 MG
Can I take Monacilin Capsule during pregnancy?
Monacilin Capsule can be taken in pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Monacilin Capsule while breastfeeding?
Monacilin Capsule passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and may affect the breastfed baby. Hence it is recommended to take this medicine if you are breastfeeding only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Monacilin Capsule?
Monacilin Capsule does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Monacilin Capsule?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Monacilin Capsule. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions like skin rash and swelling of the face or neck due to antibiotic use.
- You are already taking any other antibiotic medicine.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have low immunity or have glandular fever.
- You are going to have urine tests for glucose, as this medicine may affect the test results.
Mode of Action of Monacilin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Monacilin Capsule medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Monacilin 500 MG
- Monacilin Capsule will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Monacilin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Monacilin Capsule may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking any other antibiotic medicines, anti-gout medicines, oral contraceptives, etc.
Storage and disposal of Monacilin 500 MG
- Store Monacilin Capsule at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Monacilin 500 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. In case of overdose, reach out to the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in ineffective treatment against the infection. If you have missed taking any dose of Monacilin Capsule, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Monacilin Capsule?
A: The composition of Monacilin Capsule consists of ampicillin, as an active ingredient. It is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the throat, lungs, ears, nose, heart, sexually transmitted disease and urinary tract. It stops the growth of bacteria causing the infection by preventing bacterial cell wall formation.
Q: Is Monacilin Capsule an antibiotic medicine?
A: Yes, Monacilin Capsule is an antibiotic medicine, that belongs to penicillin group of antibiotics.
Q: What is the dose of Monacilin Capsule?
A: The doctor will decide the specific dose for a specific duration depending upon the severity of the condition. Do not self-inject.
- Ampicillin 500 mg powder for solution for injection- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June2022]
- Ampicillin for injection [Internet]. pfizer.com. 2022 [cited 4 June2022]
- Penbritin 500 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed