Mirdep 7.5mg Tablets
Mirdep 7.5 MG Description
Mirdep 7.5mg Tablet is an antidepressant medication. This medication aids in the management of depression by increasing the levels of chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline) in the brain, w
hich help relax the nerves and calm the brain. Mirdep 7.5mg Tablets can be consumed with or without food. It is recommended that you take this medication at the same time every day to maintain a stable blood level. If you miss taking a dose, remember to do so as quickly as possible. Even if you feel better, don't skip any doses and finish the entire course of treatment. It's critical not to stop taking this medication suddenly because it could worsen your symptoms. Dry mouth increased hunger, and headaches are all common side effects of Mirdep 7.5mg Tablet. It can also make you dizzy or sleepy, so don't drive or do anything else that requires mental focus until you've seen how this medication affects you. You should eat a nutritious diet and exercise regularly because this drug may cause weight gain. Please tell your doctor if you get a sore throat or a fever after taking this medication.
|You Save||₹7.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Management of Depression|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, Dryness of mouth, Increased Appetite, Headache|
Uses of Mirdep 7.5 MG
- Management of Depression
Contraindications of Mirdep 7.5 MG
- You should not use this drug if you have a known allergy to Mirtazapine(it is an active component of Mirdep 7.5mg Tablet ) or other components.
- Inhibitors of monoamine oxidase (MAOI)
- Patients should not use this drug on an MAO inhibitor. At least 14 days should pass between using these medications.
Side effects of Mirdep 7.5 MG
- Common side effects of Mirdep are as follows:
- Dryness of Mouth
- Increased Appetite
- Weight Gain
Precautions and Warnings of Mirdep 7.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You get suicidal thoughts and behaviour. Suicidal thoughts and increased suicidal tendencies have been linked to this medication, particularly in young patients. Report any such incident to your doctor to regularly conduct counselling and progress monitoring....
- You experience Withdrawal symptoms. The usage of this medication should not be abruptly stopped. Dizziness, odd dreams, agitation, anxiety, tremor, and other sudden withdrawal symptoms can occur.
- You get a Bone fracture. The use of this medication has been linked to a small number of incidences of bone fracture. While using this medication, notify your doctor if you experience any bone pain, oedema, or bruising....
- You have a movement disorder. This medicine may cause a movement disorder characterised by restlessness and a strong desire to be constantly moving. The patient may also perceive that the environment, as well as himself, is continually shifting....
- You experience Neuroleptic malignant syndrome. This medication has been linked to developing an uncommon but serious illness marked by a high fever, irregular heartbeat, increased need to breathe, muscle stiffness, and changed mental status, among other symptoms....
- You have a heart and blood vessel disorder. This medication may exacerbate the symptoms of a heart or blood vessel problem. In such circumstances, it should be used with caution, especially if the patient is simultaneously taking other medications that may impact heart and blood vessel function....
Mode of Action of Mirdep 7.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mirdep 7.5 MG
- Follow your doctor's directions for this medication's dosage and duration.
- Take everything in at once.
- It must not be chewed, crushed, or broken in any way.
- Mirdep 7.5mg Tablet can be taken with or without food, although it is recommended that you take it at the same time each day.
Interactions of Mirdep 7.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- CYP1A2, 2C9, 2D6, and 3A3/4 enzyme-substrate- Possibly severe or fatal reactions can occur when given with or when given within 14 days of a monoamine oxidase inhibitor like Selegiline.
- When combined with other serotonergic medicines like Fluoxetine, this treatment might produce a syndrome characterised by agitation, enhanced reflexes, tremor, sweating, dilated pupils, and diarrhoea.
Storage and disposal of Mirdep 7.5 MG
Dosage of Mirdep 7.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Shreya Aggarwal
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Mirdep 7.5mg Tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Is Mirdep 7.5mg Tablet a safe medication?
Q: How long should I take the Mirdep 7.5mg Tablet before noticing a difference in my condition?
- Mirtazapine. Salt Lake City, Utah: Cephalon, Inc.; 2015. [Accessed 25 Mar 2019] (online) Available from
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). [Accessed 25 Mar. 2019] (online) Available from
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Mirtazapine. [Updated 2019 Apr 1]. [Accessed 20 Feb. 2020] (online) Available from