Metozaar Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CORONA REMEDIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG Description
Metozaar Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Metoprolol. It belongs to a class of medicines called as beta-blockers.
|You Save||₹5.99 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
- It is used to treat:
- High blood pressure
- Chest pain (angina pectoris)
- Irregular heart rhythm
Contraindications of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are suffering from heart conduction problem (like AV block) or uncontrolled heart failure
- If you are suffering from sick sinus syndrome (abnormal heart rhythms due to malfunction of sinus node)
- If you have continuous chest pain that occurs when you are at rest, between midnight and early morning (Prinzmetal's angina)
- If you have reduced blood supply to your limbs (peripheral arterial disease)
- If you have severe asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- If you are suffering from untreated high blood pressure due to tumour in adrenal gland (phaechromocytoma)
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body)
- If you are using medicines to treat irregular heart rhythm like disopyramide
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia)
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
Side effects of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
- Low blood pressure when you stand
- Slow heart rate
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
Can I take Metozaar Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take Metozaar Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into the mother’s milk and not recommended if you are breastfeeding
- The infant needs close monitoring for side effects like slowing of heart rate in such cases
Can I drive if I have consumed Metozaar Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
This medicine affects your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness and tiredness.
Can I consume alcohol with Metozaar Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine as it may cause increased sleepiness or a drop in blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma
- If you have diabetes, caution is required, Metoprolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc....
- You have a tumour of adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma)
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone)
- You are suffering from psoriasis
- You have a circulation related problem in toes, arm, legs or fingers
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina)
- You recently had any heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery
Mode of Action of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Metozaar Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
- Please take it as directed by your doctor
- Always take it at the same time everyday
Interactions of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat irregular heart rhythm (Amiodarone, disopyramide)
- Medicines used to treat pain or inflammation (Indomethacin, Sulindac, Diclofenac and Foctafenine)
- Medicines used to treat depression (Fluoxetine, Paroxetine and Bupropion)
- Medicines used to treat mental conditions (antipsychotic) like Thioridazine
- Medicines used to treat HIV (antiretroviral) like Ritonavir
- Medicines used to treat allergies (antihistamine) like Diphenhydramine
- Medicines used to treat malaria (Hydroxychloroquine, Mefloquine)
- Medicines used to treat fungal infection of skin (Terbinafine)
- Medicines used to treat acidity or ulcers (antacids) like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat heart problems (Digoxin)
- Medicine used in acute shock and severe allergic reaction (Epinephrine)
- Medicine used to reduce swelling of the nose (Phenylpropanolamine)
- Eye drops like other beta blockers
- Medicines used to treat depression and Parkinson’s disease (Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors)
- Medicines used to lower down the blood pressure (Clonidine, Guanfacine, Moxonidine, Methyldopa, Rilmenidine)
- Medicines used to treat migraine (Ergotamine)
- Medicines used to treat chest pain (Nitroglycerine)
- General anaesthetics or local anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Medicines used to reduce blood sugar level like Insulin and oral antidiabetic medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (Prazosine, Tamsulosin, Terazosin, Doxazosin)
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin)
Interactions with food items
You must take this medicine dose on an empty stomach without food.
Storage and disposal of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light
- Try to keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Metozaar Xl Er 50 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose include low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness, coma, nausea, vomiting, bluish colour of the lips, tongue and skin, low levels of potassium or calcium in blood...
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop this medication on my own?
A: If you stop a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of Metozaar Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure, if any.
METOZAAR XL ER
Other Products from this Brand
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay