Metadoxil 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metadoxil 500 MG Description
The active component in Metadoxil tablets is metadoxine, which reduces the toxicity of alcohol in cases of alcohol intoxication and breaks the addiction to alcohol.
|Uses||Fatty liver due to alcoholism, Acute and chronic alcohol intoxication|
|Side effects||Skin rash, Dizziness, Disorientation, Diarrhea,Vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Metadoxine(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Metadoxil 500 MG
- Fatty liver due to alcoholism
- Acute and chronic alcohol intoxication
- Supportive treatment of acute and chronic liver diseases
Contraindications of Metadoxil 500 MG
- Allergy to Metadoxil tablet or any other ingredient in the medication
Side effects of Metadoxil 500 MG
- Rash/ skin rashes or itching skin (urticaria)
- Allergic reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Metadoxil 500 MG
Can I take metadoxil-500mg tablet during pregnancy?
Metadoxil tablets are not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take metadoxil tablet while breastfeeding?
Metadoxil tablets are not recommended for use in breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive if I have administered metadoxil tablets?
It may not be safe to drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel sleepy or dizzy as a side effect of Metadoxine medication. Please avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until these symptoms go away.
Can I consume alcohol while using metadoxil tablets?
The medication is to treat alcohol intoxication and break the addiction to alcohol. Hence, please talk to your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to components of metadoxil tablets
- You have kidney or liver problems
Mode of Action of Metadoxil 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Metadoxine is an antioxidant that acts in two ways to treat people diagnosed with alcohol intoxication. In case of acute or chronic intoxication, it reduces the half-life of the alcohol and removes it from the liver. In addition, it also produces unpleasant side effects that discourage the patients from consuming alcohol in future....
Directions for Use of Metadoxil 500 MG
- As directed by your doctor, the tablet can be swallowed whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Metadoxil 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Not enough data available
Storage and disposal of Metadoxil 500 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight
- Keep the medication out of reach from children
- Please do not throw away the medicine in the household trash
- Instead, please follow the safe disposal practices mentioned in the product packaging
Dosage of Metadoxil 500 MG
Please rush to the nearest emergency department closest to you in case of overdose. In addition, carry the product packaging with you to assist the doctor treating you with the necessary details.
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take a dose, please take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the current dose. Do not take two doses at a time to make up for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid the diarrhoea that can develop after using metadoxil?
A: Diarhoea is a possible side effect. Drink plenty of water and contact your doctor if your diarrhoea persists.
Q: Is it possible to discontinue using metadoxil abruptly, or do I have to wean myself off it gradually?
A: Please consult your doctor for specific advice based on your body, health, and any medications you may be taking. Please do not change the medication dosage or stop it without your doctor's advice.
Q: How is metadoxil useful for people with ADHD?
A: Metadoxil is found to be very beneficial for people with ADHD. Metadoxil therapy was found to significantly improve the symptoms of inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity, along with alcohol abuse.
Q: Can I take metadoxil-500mg on an empty stomach?
A: Please take Metadoxil as directed by your doctor. Please follow the dosage and routine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Miceli M, Gronier B. Pharmacology, Systematic Review and Recent Clinical Trials of Metadoxine [Internet]. Reviews on Recent Clinical Trials, 2018. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323436100_Pharmacology_Systematic_Review_and_Recent_Clinical_Trials_of_Metadoxine
- Metadoxine [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]. Available from: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Metadoxine
- Metadoxine [Internet]. ScienceDirect. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/metadoxine
- Metadoxine hcl bulk & tabs - New drugs approved by CDSCO [Internet]. Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]. Available from: https://cdscoonline.gov.in/CDSCO/Drugs
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed