Melonex 5mg Vial Of 2ml Injection
Melonex 5 MG Description
Melonex 5 mg is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAID) used to treat pain or inflammation due to rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. This medicine contains meloxicam as its active ing
redient. It works by reducing the hormones causing pain and inflammation in your body. Osteoarthritis is a condition that affects the bones and joints. The protective cartilage that cushions your bones wears down due to increasing age and causes stiffness and pain in the joints. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes painful swelling in your joints. Take this medicine as prescribed by your physician and inform your doctor in case you experience any side effects.
|You Save||₹1.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Moderate to severe pain, Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in children above two years of age.|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea, upper respiratory tract infection, oedema, anaemia, decreased platelet aggregation, dizzin|
Uses of Melonex 5 MG
- Manage pain in Osteoarthritis
- Manage inflammation in Rheumatoid arthritis
- Treats moderate to severe pain
- Used in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in children above two years of age
Contraindications of Melonex 5 MG
- If you are allergic to meloxicam
- If you are allergic to other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like naproxen, ibuprofen
- If you have any growths in the nose (polyps)
- If you have anaemia - low haemoglobin levels
- If you have a history of urticaria - hives and rashes caused due to an allergy
- If you have bronchial asthma
- If you are on dialysis or if you have renal failure
- If you have had a coronary bypass surgery
- If you have liver disease
- If you have fluid retention
- If you have a history of ulcers in the stomach
- If you have a history of stroke or heart attack
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have an increased risk of bleeding
- If you are pregnant or planning pregnancy
- If you have had a kidney transplant
- If you have a clotting disorder
Side effects of Melonex 5 MG
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Decreased platelet aggregation
- Heart Failure
Precautions and Warnings of Melonex 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have developed heart disease.
- You have a history of smoking or drinking alcohol.
- You are due for coronary artery bypass surgery.
- You have gotten pregnant while taking Melonex 5 mg.
- You are planning to get pregnant, or you are undergoing fertility treatment.
- You have developed liver disease.
- You have aspirin-induced respiratory disorders.
- You have bleeding in your stomach and intestines.
- You have developed a stomach ulcer.
- You have an increased risk of developing a heart attack or stroke.
- You are due for a kidney transplant.
- You are suffering from fluid retention in your body.
- You have a history of kidney donations.
Mode of Action of Melonex 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Melonex 5 MG
- Take Melonex 5 mg injection as prescribed by your physician.
- The medicine is to be injected into your vein as an infusion.
- Your physician will administer the medicine to you.
Interactions of Melonex 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners like aspirin, warfarin, dabigatran, enoxaparin
- ACE inhibitors (antihypertensives for reducing blood pressure) like lisinopril and captopril
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (antihypertensives for reducing blood pressure) like valsartan, losartan
- Diuretics (that increase urination) like furosemide
- Steroids like prednisone
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking alcohol before, after or while taking this injection as it can increase your risk of internal bleeding in the stomach and intestines.
Storage and disposal of Melonex 5 MG
Dosage of Melonex 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Siddhiraj Paramshetti
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Melonex 5 mg addictive?
Q: Is Melonex 5 mg a stronger medicine than Ibuprofen?
Q: Is Melonex 5 mg safe for elderly people?
- Reference.medscape.com. 2022. Meloxicam (Rx): Medscape [Internet]. [Accessed 26 January 2022].
- Medicines.Org.UK.Emc. 2022. Meloxicam 15 mg Orodispersible Tablets: EMC [Internet]. [Accessed 26 January 2022].
- Drugbank. 2022. Meloxicam: Drugbank Online [Internet]. [Accessed 26 January 2022].
- Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022. Meloxicam: Pubchem [Internet]. [Accessed 26 January 2022].