By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mekovin Injection Description
Mekovin Injection is used in vitamin B12 deficiency, anaemia and a painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy. It contains mecobalamin or methylcobalamin also known as vitamin B12. It helps in red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, nerve function and the production of DNA. This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject it. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Mekovin Injection....
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Vitamin B12 deficiency|
|Side effects||Pain and swelling at injection site, skin rash, itching|
Check more medicines with composition as Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin)
Uses of Mekovin Injection
Mekovin Injection is used in vitamin B12 deficiency and megaloblastic anaemia (a blood disorder caused due to deficiency of vitamin B12). It is used in the treatment of painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy....
Contraindications of Mekovin Injection
- If you are allergic to Mecobalamin or any other ingredients of Mekovin Injection.
- If you are suffering from any type of kidney disease.
- If you have or have ever had Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow, painless loss of vision, first in one eye and then in the other eye).
Side effects of Mekovin Injection
- Pain and swelling at injection site
- Skin rash
- Muscle cramps
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Mekovin Injection
Can I take Mekovin Injection during pregnancy?
Your doctor may advise you oral supplements containing vitamin B12 and folic acid during pregnancy. Mekovin Injection shall be given by your doctor in pregnancy only if essential. Safety in pregnancy is not known.
Can I take Mekovin Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of the Mekovin Injection pass into the breastmilk and is unlikely to harm a nursing infant when used in recommended doses. However, consult a doctor before using this injection while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Mekovin Injection?
Yes, you can drive if you don’t experience any side effects with Mekovin Injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Mekovin Injection?
Regular consumption of alcohol decreases vitamin B12 absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. Decreased vitamin B12 levels lead to Hence, it is better to avoid.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have an eye disorder called Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow and painless loss of vision).
- You consume alcohol in excess regularly, your doctor may monitor your vitamin B12 levels to check the progress of treatment.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Mekovin Injection.
Mode of Action of Mekovin Injection
How Does It Work?
Vitamin B12 is needed for the formation of red blood cells in the body and their growth. It helps in the absorption of folic acid and carbohydrates from food. It is essential for keeping our nerves healthy. Due to deficiency of vitamin B12, anaemia occurs. It can damage nerves leading to peripheral neuropathy. Mekovin Injection helps replenish this deficiency....
Directions for Use of Mekovin Injection
- Mekovin Injection will be given to you as an injection by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Be careful of any instruction given during the administration and aftercare. Do not self inject.
Interactions of Mekovin Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like Aminosalicylic acid, Chloramphenicol, Colchicine, histamine-2 antagonists, Neomycin and proton pump inhibitors (e.g. Pantoprazole) can decrease the absorption of Mecobalamin.
- Oral contraceptives can decrease the action of Mecobalamin by reducing its concentration in the body.
- Folic acid when taken in a larger dose for a prolonged duration can impair the therapeutic response of Mecobalamin.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Mekovin Injection
- Store Mekovin Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep the medicine when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Mekovin Injection
You are less likely to get an overdose of Mekovin Injection as it is given to you by a doctor or nurse in a clinic or hospital. Please inform the doctor if you feel any discomfort immediately after the administration of this injection....
Missed a Dose
The chances of missing a dose of Mekovin Injection are rare as you will be monitored closely by a healthcare professional. In case they happen to miss a dose, please inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between Mecobalamin and Methylcobalamin?
A: Both Methylcobalamin and Mecobalamin are the same. They contain cobalamin, which is a form of vitamin B12.
Q: Is Mekovin Injection OTC medicine?
A: No, Mekovin Injection has to be taken only under the supervision of a doctor. It is a prescription medicine.
Q: What is the dosage of Mekovin Injection?
A: The dosage is based on your underlying medical condition, response to treatment and vitamin B12 tests report.
- Mecobalamin: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Topics H. Cyanocobalamin: MedlinePlus [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Cyanocobalamin (Intramuscular Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CDSCO - Methylcobalamine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay