Maxtra P Drops 15ml
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Maxtra P Oral Drops are used for the treatment of the common cold and cough associated with a fever. This medicine is designed for the use of children only. It contains a combination of three medicines - Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol and Phenylephrine. Paracetamol is an antipyretic and an analgesic. Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic. Phenylephrine is a decongestant. It helps in relieving fever, cough, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms of the nose, throat and airways.
Uses of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
To treat cough, cold and fever.
Contraindications of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have high blood pressure or heart disorder, thyroid problem or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
There are very rare chances of getting side effects with Maxtra P Oral Drops. However, you may experience rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness and nausea.
Precautions and Warnings of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
Can I take Maxtra P Oral Drops during pregnancy?
A pregnant woman should take Maxtra P Oral Drops only if prescribed by a doctor. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks. Do not self-medicate this syrup during cough and cold.
Can I take Maxtra P Oral Drops while breastfeeding?
Maxtra P Oral Drops should be taken while breastfeeding only under the doctor's recommendation. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed Maxtra P Oral Drops?
It is advised not to drive or operate any machinery after taking this medicine. Maxtra P Oral Drops may cause sedation, thus avoid driving or using machines when you are on treatment with this syrup.
Can I consume alcohol with Maxtra P Oral Drops?
Avoid alcohol intake when taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin rashes & allergic symptoms after taking this syrup, discontinue and consult a doctor.
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions.
- You are taking any other medicines containing paracetamol.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus or hyperthyroidism.
- You have heart conditions such as high blood pressure or heart failure problems.
- You have epilepsy and you experience frequent fits and tremors.
- You are suffering from an eye condition of increased pressure inside your eyes called closed-angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
- Maxtra P works by the combined action of its three components - Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine.
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain and inflammation and also acts on heat-regulating centres and reduces body heat to control fever.
- Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction.
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
- Take Maxtra P Oral Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Always use a dropper for exact quantities.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
- Read any special instruction on the package.
Interactions of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders such as Rasagiline, Methyldopa & Clomipramine, medicines used to relax the airways such as Epinephrine, Reserpine and medicines used to treat heart conditions like Veratridine and Reserpine should be used cautiously.Read less
- Other medicines containing Paracetamol or any topical decongestant containing Phenylephrine should not be used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
- Store this medicine below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxtra P Drops 15ml
If you think you have taken too much of Maxtra P Oral Drops and you are experiencing increased heartbeats, dizziness, nausea or palpitations, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Maxtra P Oral Drops safe for patients having high blood pressure?
A: It is not recommended for patients having high blood pressure. Consult a doctor immediately.
Q: What precautions should I take when suffering from viral flu?
- Take the medications as advised by your doctor, eat healthy food and consume sufficient water.
- Maintain a safe distance from family and friends so that they don't catch the infection.
- Cover your mouth with tissue or elbow while sneezing or coughing or wear a mask.
Q: Can we use Maxtra P for asthma cough?
A: No, it is not effective in controlling cough due to asthma. Consult your doctor and do not self-medicate this syrup for cough due to asthma.
Q: Does Maxtra P cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, it can cause drowsiness. Avoid driving or doing any work which requires concentration and attention.
Q: Can Maxtra P Oral Drops be used for a running nose?
A: Yes, it can be used for temporary relief from runny nose due to seasonal allergies.
Q: What is the dosage of Maxtra P Oral Drops for a 3-year-old child?
A: Your doctor will decide the dose and frequency of this syrup after accessing the condition of your child. Do not give any medicine to kids without consulting a child specialist.
|You Save||₹12.9 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(12.5 Mg),Phenylephrine(1.0 G),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(125.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough, cold, fever|
|Side effects||Headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness|
Last Updated on: 23 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved