Malirid Dt 2.5mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Malirid Dt 2.5 MG Description
Malirid Dt Tablet is an antimalarial medicine containing Primaquine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat and prevent malaria. Malirid Dt works by killing the parasite that causes malaria, th
s stopping the infection from being spread. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Malirid Dt Tablets should be taken after food. Tell your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting treatment with Malirid Dt Tablet.
- Pmq Inga 2.5mg TabletBy Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 13.47₹ 11.4522% CHEAPER₹ 1.15/Tablet
Uses of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
Contraindications of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to primaquine or any other ingredients of Malirid Dt Tablet.
- If you are taking the medicine quinacrine, which can be used in malaria & also as an antibiotic.
- If you have severe glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- If you are taking medicines like dapsone, levodopa.
- If you have rheumatoid arthritis or lupus.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Irregular heartbeats
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Blood disorder
Precautions and Warnings of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
- Malirid Dt Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause harmful effects in an unborn baby.
- You should avoid pregnancy during treatment of this medicine.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have anemia or a family history of anemia.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency) or NADH methemoglobin reductase.
- You are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- You have blood-related diseases.
- You have heart problems.
- It may cause a condition that affects your heart rhythm.
Mode of Action of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Malarial parasites enter the body and lives in the blood and body tissues.
- Malirid Dt Tablet is used after other medicine is used to kill the malarial parasites living in the blood.
- Primaquine then kills the parasites that are present in the other body tissues, thus preventing relapse of this infection.
Directions for Use of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
Interactions of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Malirid Dt Tablets may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines known to cause fast heart rate and to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine, sotalol, amitriptyline, imipramine, clozapine.
Storage and disposal of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
- Store Malirid Dt Tablets below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Malirid Dt 2.5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, jaundice, burning discomfort below the ribs, blue, grey colour of the skin, blood disorders, abnormal heart rate, anemia.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of Malirid Dt Tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of Malirid Dt Tablets, it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid malaria?
- You must wear long-sleeved clothing and long trousers if you are outside after sunset to protect you from mosquito bites.
- You must use an insect repellent cream.
- You must use a mosquito net around the bed while sleeping to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.