Lynx Inj 1ml
By WALLACE PHARMACEUTICALS
1ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lynx Injection contains an antibiotic medicine called Lincomycin, which is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections in cases where other commonly used antibiotics have failed to cure or
could not be used due to allergic issues. Lynx Injection is to be used very judiciously when the sensitivity of infection-causing bacteria to Lincomycin has been confirmed. It should be taken only when clearly prescribed by your doctor as this injection may lead to side effects which may present as mild diarrhoea or even life-threatening Clostridium infections....
Uses of Lynx Inj 1ml
For the treatment of serious bacterial infections (bacteria are sensitive to Lincomycin), where Penicillin and other antibiotics could not be given due to allergy or resistance issues.
Contraindications of Lynx Inj 1ml
If you are allergic to Lincomycin or Clindamycin.
Side effects of Lynx Inj 1ml
- Feeling sick, vomiting
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Mild-to-severe diarrhoea
- Mouth and tongue ulcers
- Skin rashes and itching
- Secondary infections
- Serious allergic reaction, rashes, swelling around and inside the mouth, breathing difficulty
- Ringing sound in ears
- Low blood pressure
- Disturbance in liver and kidney functions
- Pain or soreness on injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Lynx Inj 1ml
Can I take Lynx Injection during pregnancy?
Lynx Injection should not be given to a pregnant woman unless and until specifically prescribed by a doctor. Limited information is available about the safe use of this injection during pregnancy.
Can I take Lynx Injection while breastfeeding?
Lynx Injection should not be given to a breastfeeding mother as it passes into the milk and can harm the baby. If at all needed, a decision should be made whether to start this medicine or discontinue breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Lynx Injection?
You should avoid driving if you are not well. There is limited information on the effect of Lynx Injection on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Lynx Injection?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often, discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience diarrhoea after starting this injection as this may lead to life-threatening condition (Clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea).
- You experience an allergic reaction after starting this injection (inform your doctor immediately, as it may lead to serious anaphylactic reaction).
- You have any problem related to your stomach or gut.
- You suffer from any kidney, liver or heart disorder.
- You have a problem with breathing.
- You have a history of allergies.
Mode of Action of Lynx Inj 1ml
How Does It Work?
Lynx Injection contains Lincomycin, which is an antibiotic medicine that controls serious infections in your body by limiting the growth of infection-causing bacteria. It should be used only when it i
s proven that the cause of infection is bacteria, which is sensitive to Lincomycin....
Directions for Use of Lynx Inj 1ml
- Lynx Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Lynx Inj 1ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant administration of Lynx Injection with medicines like succinylcholine, atracurium, vecuronium should be avoided as it may add on to its effects.
- Tell Your doctor about all the medicines or herbal supplements that you are taking before starting this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Lynx Inj 1ml
- Store Lynx Injection at a temperature of 20° to 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine.
Dosage of Lynx Inj 1ml
Lynx Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse. Thus, the chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the ne
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Lynx Injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse im
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Lynx Injection?
A: Lynx Injection is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections when other safer antibiotics fail to work.
Q: Can I take Lynx Injection for stomach infection?
A: You should never take Lynx Injection without consulting your doctor, as this medicine may cause serious diarrhoea. It is reserved for specific conditions only.
Q: I am allergic to Clindamycin. Can I take Lynx Injection?
A: You should not take Lynx Injection if you are allergic to Clindamycin as well. Inform your doctor about all the allergies and ongoing medicines and then follow the prescribed treatment. Never self-medicate, especially in case of antibiotics.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 05:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved