Lubrifresh Gel 1% Eye Drops 10ml
By SAPIENT LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V Description
Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop is used as a lubricant for temporary relief from burning irritation and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or due to exposure to wind or sun. It helps in restoring the natur
al moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop contain carboxymethylcellulose as its active ingredient. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor. Before using Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
|You Save||₹16.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose(1.0 %W/V)|
|Side effects||Eye irritation, burning|
Check more medicines with composition as Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose(1.0 %W/V)
Uses of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop is used in providing temporary relief from burning, irritation and discomfort caused due to dryness of the eyes.
Contraindications of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
If you are allergic to carboxymethylcellulose or any of the other ingredients of Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop.
Side effects of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
Can I instil Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I instil Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop can be used while breastfeeding as this is meant for external application and the chances of its absorption are negligible.
Can I drive if I have instilled Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and an inability to recognise objects properly after using Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop?
There is no information available on the interaction of Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before each application and may be inserted after 15 minutes.
- Concomitant eye medication should be administered 15 minutes before the installation of Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eye.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow this medicine, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. When there is a decrease in the production of tears, it leads to drying of eyes which causes further irritation, redness and itching. ...
- Carboxymethylcellulose present in Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop has a high viscosity which prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes....
Directions for Use of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
- Use Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop as advised by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper, and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- You should remove your contact lens before using this medicine.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Check for the colour of the solution.
- Avoid using Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop if it has changed colour or has become cloudy.
Interactions of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
- Store Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- You should not use it once its expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Lubrifresh Gel 1 %W/V
As Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop, instil the drops as soon as you remember if the next instillation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next instillation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop be used with contact lenses?
A: No, you should remove contact lenses and then instil Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop. You can use the lenses 15 mins after instilling the drops.
Q: Can Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop be used for the ears?
A: No, Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop is an eye drop and should only be used in the eyes.
Q: How to open Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop?
A: You should follow the instructions provided on the packing. Twist the nozzle in the direction shown and break the seal. Now tighten the nozzle again. Shake it well before using Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop.
Q: Is Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop safe for babies?
A: The safety and efficacy of Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop in babies and children have not been established. No information is available.
Q: What is the use of Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop?
A: Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop is used as a lubricant and in conditions causing dry eyes.
Q: Can I use Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop frequently?
A: Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop should be used only as frequently as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop cause cataract?
A: There is no information suggesting the use of Lubrifresh Gel Eye Drop can lead to cataract formation.
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed