Price to be Updated
Lortate 5 G Description
Lortate Injection contains a combination of two medicine L-Ornithine and L-Aspartate. These are a combination of two amino acids. It enhances the detoxification process of ammonia in the body. This m
edicine is useful in treating conditions associated with liver damage and improving the symptoms due to damaged liver. A healthcare professional will administer it, you should not self-inject it. The side effects with Lortate Injection are mild and manageable like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain but still if you experience any other symptoms tell your doctor. Your doctor may advise a few liver and kidney function tests before treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines, supplements and herbs your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Lortate 5 G
Contraindications of Lortate 5 G
- If you are allergic to L-ornithine or L-aspartare or any other ingredients of Lortate Injection.
- If you are suffering from any kidney problems
Side effects of Lortate 5 G
- Injection site reactions like pain or redness
- Stomach Pain
Precautions and Warnings of Lortate 5 G
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver
- You may experience nausea and vomiting. Tell your doctor if you feel it while using this medicine. Your doctor may adjust the dose and rate of administration of this medicine.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your urea levels in the blood and urine.
- Lortate Injection is not recommended for use in children as the safety data to use this medicine in children is not available.
Mode of Action of Lortate 5 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lortate 5 G
Interactions of Lortate 5 G
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Lortate 5 G
- Store Lortate Injection under conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lortate 5 G
- Lortate Injection will be administered to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, the chances of you getting an overdose will be less.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of Lortate Injection?
Q: Can I take Lortate Injection by myself?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before starting Lortate Injection?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney diseases or any other condition
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby