Lithic Sr 450mg Tablet
Lithic Sr 450 MG Description
Lithic Sr Tablet uses include treatment of manic episodes in patients of bipolar disorder. In some cases, Lithic Sr Tablet may also treat problems like depression, impulse control disorders, schizoph
renia and some mental issues in children. Lithic Sr Tablet belongs to the class of medicines known as antimanic agents. Lithium carbonate is the primary ingredient of Lithic Sr Tablet. The side effects include fatigue, excessive thirst, dizziness and mild tremors in the hands. Your doctor will conduct regular tests to measure lithium in your body. Do not stop Lithic Sr Tablet without medical advice. Stopping Lithic Sr Tablet suddenly may lead to relapse of manic episodes. Lithic Sr Tablet starts showing its effect after a couple of weeks. Regular intake of Lithic Sr Tablet is necessary to maintain lithium levels in your blood.
Uses of Lithic Sr 450 MG
- Manic episodes in patients of bipolar disorder
- Certain mental problems in children
- Problems of impulse control
Contraindications of Lithic Sr 450 MG
- If you are allergic to lithium carbonate.
- If you have breathing troubles.
- If you have kidney problems.
- If you have thyroid issues.
- If you have heart disease like Brugada Syndrome.
- If you suffer from fainting spells.
- If your ECG report is abnormal.
- If any of your family members have passed away before age 45.
- If you suffer from dehydration.
- If the sodium levels in your body are already low.
Side effects of Lithic Sr 450 MG
- Stomach aches
- Weight fluctuations
- Joint pain
- Lithic Sr Tablet side effects are not severe, and they subside as the body adjusts itself to the medicine.
Precautions and Warnings of Lithic Sr 450 MG
Other General Warnings
- You notice changes like excessive sweating, fever, diarrhoea or vomiting
- You want to start any exercise regimen.
- Overheating and dehydration can impact the amount of salt and lithium levels in your body.
- Do not start or stop any new medicine while taking Lithic Sr Tablet.
- Inform your doctor about your medical history in detail.
Mode of Action of Lithic Sr 450 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lithic Sr 450 MG
- The dose of Lithic Sr Tablet will vary from person to person.
- Your dose of Lithic Sr Tablet is determined after considering your age, ailment and general health.
- Take Lithic Sr Tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Lithic Sr 450 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lithic Sr Tablet interacts with the following medicines
- Diuretics like Furosemide and Bendroflumethiazide.
- Taking Lithic Sr Tablet with medicines like furosemide and bendroflumethiazide may increase the impacts of lithium. This can lead to muscle weakness, diarrhoea, tremors, vomiting and lack of coordination. ...
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib, and Diclofenac.
- Combining Lithic Sr Tablet with medicines like ibuprofen, celecoxib, diclofenac increases lithium levels of blood. This can result in lithium intoxication and death.
- Medicines for depression-like Fluvoxamine, Paroxetine, and Fluoxetine.
- Consuming Lithic Sr Tablet with medicines like fluvoxamine, paroxetine and fluoxetine can cause serotonin syndrome. This can cause seizures, confusion, hallucinations, fluctuations in blood pressure and stomach cramps....
Interactions with food items
- Lithic Sr Tablet interaction with food is uneventful.
- You can take Lithic Sr Tablet before or after food.
- It’s necessary to drink plenty of fluids while taking Lithic Sr Tablet.
- Your doctor will advise you on the type of fluids you need to drink to avoid dehydration.
- Tell your doctor if you consume foods high in caffeine like cola, chocolate milk, tea or coffee.
- Do not alter the amount of salt in your diet unless advised by the doctor
- Major changes in salt in your diet may alter the lithium levels in your blood
Storage and disposal of Lithic Sr 450 MG
Dosage of Lithic Sr 450 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Lithic Sr Tablet safe for prolonged use?
Q: Does Lithic Sr Tablet have an impact on fertility?
Q: I have been taking Lithic Sr Tablet for some time now. Of late, I’ve noticed that I am putting on weight. Is this related to Lithic Sr Tablet?
- Lithium carbonate oral: Uses, side effects, interactions, pictures, warnings & dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from
- Lithium [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- LITHIUM CARBONATE tablets USP, LITHIUM CARBONATE capsules USP, LITHIUM oral solution USP [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- Lithium: medicine to control mood disorders such as mania and bipolar disorder [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- Camcolit 400 mg, controlled release Lithium Carbonate [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from