Lexadep 10mg Tablets
Lexadep 10 MG Description
Lexadep 10 mg Tab contains Escitalopram Oxalate, which is used to treat depression, anxiety disorder, panic disorder and OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder). Depression is a type of mental disorde
r in which the person constantly feels low and has constant negative thoughts. In anxiety disorder, the person is always worried or anxious and fearful, so much that it affects one's daily life. In OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder), a person suffering from this disorder has unnecessary fears about normal things, and the person is obsessed about it. Escitalopram Oxalate is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant that works by increasing serotonin levels, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms of depression and also relieves symptoms of anxiety, panic attacks and obsessive-compulsive disorders. One can experience side effects like fatigue, increased sweating, insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), nausea, sleepiness, decreased sexual drive, delayed ejaculation; women may experience difficulties achieving orgasm or sudden worsening of mood or any thoughts about harming themselves. One should be cautious if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, allergic to this medicine; you have epilepsy (seizure disorder or fits), diabetes, liver or kidney disease, any heart problems. This medicine should always be consumed under a medical doctor’s supervision. It can be before or after a meal. Consult your doctor regarding the dose and how often you need it. You may be prescribed a lower dose in the beginning and increased gradually. Do not change the dose or stop taking it without talking to your doctor, even if you feel well. Doing so may worsen your condition, or you may suffer from unpleasant withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, restlessness, palpitations, dizziness, sleep disturbances, etc.).
|You Save||₹8.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety disorder, Panic disorder, OCD|
|Side effects||Fatigue, Increased sweating, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nausea, Sleepiness, Decreased sexual drive, Delayed ejaculation, Women may experience difficulties achieving orgasm or sudden worsening of mood or any thoughts about harming yourself|
Uses of Lexadep 10 MG
- Lexadep 10 mg Tab is used to treat
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Contraindications of Lexadep 10 MG
- Before taking Lexadep 10 Tablet, you should tell your doctor if
- Allergy to this medicine
- You have epilepsy (seizure disorder or fits)
- Liver or kidney disease, any heart problems
- You are currently taking medicines for depression known as MAO inhibitors
Side effects of Lexadep 10 MG
- One can experience the following symptoms.
- Increased sweating
- Insomnia (difficulty sleeping)
- Decreased sexual drive
- Delayed ejaculation
- Women may experience difficulties achieving orgasm
- Sudden worsening of mood or self-harm thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Lexadep 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergy to this medicine with symptoms like a rash, wheezing, chest tightness, fever; itching; bad cough, blue or grey skin colour, seizures, or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat....
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You experience a sudden change in your thinking pattern.
- You lose your balance.
- You experience agitation, twitching, sweating, or muscle stiffness.
- You are very nervous and excitable.
- You have a fast heartbeat.
- You have an upset stomach or vomiting.
- You have any bruising or bleeding.
- You have side effects, your health problems are not better, or you feel worse.
Mode of Action of Lexadep 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lexadep 10 MG
- Take it with or without food. Consult your doctor on the dose and how often you need it.
- Do not change the dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor, even if you feel well. Doing so may worsen your condition, or you may suffer from unpleasant withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, restlessness, palpitations, dizziness, sleep disturbances, etc.)....
- Take this medicine regularly at the same time each day.
- Take it in the morning if you have trouble sleeping. Inform your doctor if you do not see any improvement even after four weeks.
- Consume it under a medical doctor’s supervision.
- Discuss with your doctor if you suffer from conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases, liver conditions, menstrual issues, pregnancy, breastfeeding should be discussed with the prescribing doctor.
- Consume the tablet entirely with water.
- Do not break or smash the tablet.
- Keep it away from pets, kids and the elderly with memory loss.
Interactions of Lexadep 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- One should avoid following medicines with Lexadep 10 mg Tab to prevent symptoms like cardiac problems, irregular heartbeat, breathing issues, gastric issues, bleeding.
- MAO inhibitors (isocarboxazid, linezolid, metaxalone, methylene blue, moclobemide, phenelzine, procarbazine, rasagiline, safinamide, selegiline, tranylcypromine)
- Medicines that interfere with Hemostasis (NSAIDs, Aspirin, Warfarin, etc.)
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice can cause dizziness along with Lexadep 10 mg tab.
Storage and disposal of Lexadep 10 MG
Dosage of Lexadep 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I consume coffee with this medicine?
Q: Can one develop suicidal thoughts during the treatment with this medicine?
Q: How long does it take for this medicine to act?
- Escitalopram: Galactorrhoea: case report. (2014). Reactions Weekly, 1526(1), 60–60. [cited 14 March 2022].
- Rampono, J., Hackett, L. P., Kristensen, J. H., Kohan, R., Page-Sharp, M., & Ilett, K. F. (2006). Transfer of escitalopram and its metabolite demethyl escitalopram into breast milk. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 62(3), 316–322. [cited 14 March 2022].
- Ross, R. W., Simpson, B. H., & Fallon, B. A. (2000). What is obsessive-compulsive disorder? Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 6(2), 109–110. [cited 14 March 2022].
- What are anxiety disorders? (n.d.). Psychiatry.Org. [cited 14 March 2022].