Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Levoflox 750 MG Description
Levoflox Tablet is an antibacterial medicine that is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, nose, throat and skin. It contains levofloxacin as its main ingredient that belongs to th
group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolone. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Some common side effects of this tablet include a headache, dizziness, nausea and also diarrhoea. These side effects are mild and short-lived. Abruptly stopping this medicine may increase the risk of re-infection. Talk to your doctor all about your health conditions before taking this tablet.
Uses of Levoflox 750 MG
- Levofloxacin is used in the treatment of a different type of pneumonia such as (hospital-acquired and community-acquired)
- Respiratory tract infection (Bronchitis)
- Sinus infection
- Urinary tract infection (Cystitis)
- Infection caused by Anthrax (Inhalation Anthrax)
- Skin and soft tissue infection
- Prostate gland infection
Contraindications of Levoflox 750 MG
- If you are allergic to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits.
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Levoflox 750 MG
- Sleeping disorder
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Levoflox 750 MG
- Do not take Levoflox Tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
- It is not known if Levoflox Tablet can pass into the breastmilk, however, fluoroquinolones can pass into the breastmilk and harm your child.
- Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine or ask your doctor for other medicines.
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine.
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- Your age is 60 years or above.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have any brain injury.
- You have heart diseases, a history of heart attack, very slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have kidney diseases.
- You have liver diseases.
- You have mental health problems.
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can cause muscle weakness and difficulty in breathing.
Mode of Action of Levoflox 750 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Levoflox 750 MG
Interactions of Levoflox 750 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Levoflox Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Levoflox Tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like muscle relaxants, medicines used for brain-related disorders, medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline, strong painkillers, other antibiotics, anti-cancer and anti-malarial medicines, anti-HIV medicines, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-coagulants like warfarin, corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, etc.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Levofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medications as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
Interactions with food items
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
- Avoid taking this medicine with orange juice.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours before or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Levoflox 750 MG
- Store Levoflox Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Levoflox 750 MG
- If you take more medicine than that prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this medicine?
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
Q: Can I stop taking medicine in the middle if I get relief from the disease?
Q: Can I take this medicine along with an antacid?
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- LEVAQUIN. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- DailyMed - LEVOFLOXACIN- levofloxacin tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].