Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levoflox Tablet is an antibacterial medicine that is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, nose, throat and skin. It contains levofloxacin as its main ingredient that belongs to the group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolone. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Some common side effects of this tablet include a headache, dizziness, nausea and also diarrhoea. These side effects are mild and short-lived. Abruptly stopping this medicine may increase the risk of re-infection. Talk to your doctor all about your health conditions before taking this tablet.
Uses of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- Levofloxacin is used in the treatment of a different type of pneumonia such as (hospital-acquired and community-acquired)
- Respiratory tract infection (Bronchitis)
- Sinus infection
- Urinary tract infection (Cystitis)
- Infection caused by Anthrax (Inhalation Anthrax)
- Skin and soft tissue infection
- Prostate gland infection
Contraindications of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits.
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- Sleeping disorder
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Can I take Levoflox Tablet during pregnancy?
- Do not take Levoflox Tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Levoflox Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is not known if Levoflox Tablet can pass into the breastmilk, however, fluoroquinolones can pass into the breastmilk and harm your child.
- Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine or ask your doctor for other medicines.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levoflox Tablet?
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine.
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Levoflox Tablet?
You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your age is 60 years or above.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have any brain injury.
- You have heart diseases, a history of heart attack, very slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have kidney diseases.
- You have liver diseases.
- You have mental health problems.
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can cause muscle weakness and difficulty in breathing.
Mode of Action of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by preventing bacterial growth caused by specific enzymes like DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV that helps in DNA replication.
Directions for Use of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Levoflox Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Levoflox Tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like muscle relaxants, medicines used for brain-related disorders, medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline, strong painkillers, other antibiotics, anti-cancer and anti-malarial medicines, anti-HIV medicines, etc.Read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-coagulants like warfarin, corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, etc.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Levofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medications as they reduce the effect of this medicine.Read less
Interactions with food items
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
- Avoid taking this medicine with orange juice.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours before or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- Store Levoflox Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Levoflox 750mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- If you take more medicine than that prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this medicine?
A: This medicine can interact with other drugs, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
A: Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn. If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or an inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same to your doctor. If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately. Have plenty of water.
Q: Can I stop taking medicine in the middle if I get relief from the disease?
A: No, do not stop taking medicine in the middle, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotic should be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Can I take this medicine along with an antacid?
A: No, it is not advised to take this medicine along with an antacid. There should be a gap of 2 hours between an antacid and this medicine.
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- LEVAQUIN. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- DailyMed - LEVOFLOXACIN- levofloxacin tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Apr 2021 | 04:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved