Levera Solution 100ml
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
100ml Oral Liquid in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levera Oral Liquid is an antiepileptic medicine that is used for the treatment of seizures in epilepsy. It contains levetiracetam as its active ingredient. Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder charact
erised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy and sometimes loss of consciousness. This medicine is also used to control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery. Before starting the treatment, inform your doctor about the detailed history of your medical conditions and all other medicines, you are currently taking, including herbal and over-the-counter medicines. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Also, if you feel any side effects or there is no improvement in your condition, then immediately inform your doctor....
Uses of Levera Solution 100ml
- Levera Oral Liquid is used to treat and prevent seizures or fits in patients above 16 years.
Contraindications of Levera Solution 100ml
- If you are allergic to Levetiracetam or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Levera Solution 100ml
- Sleepiness, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Fatigue, lack of energy
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Respiratory infection, cold, cough
- Loss of appetite
- Depression, aggression, irritation
- Nervousness, anxiety
- Rash, swelling, itching
- Shaking, fits, feeling off-balance
Precautions and Warnings of Levera Solution 100ml
Can I take Levera Oral Liquid during pregnancy?
- Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it has more advantages than risks. This medicine should not be suddenly discontinued as it may cause serious harm to pregnant women and the unborn baby....Read more
- If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Levera Oral Liquid while breastfeeding?
Contents of this medicine pass into the breastmilk. Hence, it is not recommended during breastfeeding. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the advantages overweigh the risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levera Oral Liquid?
This medicine can make you dizzy and feel sleepy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Levera Oral Liquid?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol, but avoid consuming alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidney.
- You have any psychiatric illness.
- You have abnormal or suicidal thoughts, aggression, irritation.
- You have problems with growth or puberty.
Mode of Action of Levera Solution 100ml
How Does It Work?
Levetiracetam works by attaching to a protein in the body, thus inhibiting the abnormal activity of the nerve cells in the brain and preventing the spread of electrical signals that cause fits.
Directions for Use of Levera Solution 100ml
- Take Levera Oral Liquid as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Levera Solution 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Levera Oral Liquid may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations you are taking....Read more
- Be cautious when Levera Oral Liquid taken along with Methotrexate, a medicine used in cancer treatment.
- You should not take laxative medicines such as Macrogol one hour before and one hour after taking Levera Oral Liquid.
Storage and disposal of Levera Solution 100ml
- Store Levera Oral Liquid at room temperature, protected from moisture and direct sunlight.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or showing signs of tampering.
Dosage of Levera Solution 100ml
- Symptoms of an overdose of Levera Oral Liquid may include sleepiness, anxiety, nervousness, aggression, decreased alertness, difficulty breathing and a coma. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....Read more
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of this medicine as it may lead to treatment failure. If you have missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next d
ose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the normal tenure for a prescription of Levera Oral Liquid?
A: The course depends upon the severity of the condition. It can last as little as a month to a lifetime.
Q: Can I change medicines in between the tenure?
A: A proper consultation is required before making any alterations to the prescription. If the medicine is not showing signs of progress, the doctor will instruct on how to switch to a different composition.
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: The medicine is allowed to be prescribed for adults and children above the age of four years, but the prescription should only be done after a consultation and proper tests from a doctor.
Q: What are the precautions one has to take in case of a seizure?
A: First, stay calm and then move the individual to a safe spot. Call medical assistance if the seizure lasts for more than five minutes.
Q: Does the prolonged use of levetiracetam result in suicidal tendencies?
A: No, such case has been reported. However, the medicine is not advised to be given to individuals who already have suicidal thoughts as the side effects may heighten it up.
Q: Can I stop the medication on my own, if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of seizures. Instead, consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your condition.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 07:10 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved