Lefra 10mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lefra 10mg Tablet contains Leflunomide as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of active rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. It is meant for use only in adult patients. Use of this medicine in children and adolescents is not recommended. This medicine should not be taken by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Lefra 10mg Tablet
Lefra 10mg Tablet is used in adults to treat active rheumatoid arthritis (a condition that cause pain and swelling in the joints) and psoriatic arthritis (a type of arthritis that affects some people who have the skin condition called psoriasis).
Contraindications of Lefra 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Leflunomide or any other ingredients of Lefra 10mg Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any severe liver or kidney disease.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- If you have decreased platelet and white blood cell counts or an bone marrow problem.
- If you have low numbers of proteins in your blood.
- If you are suffering from any disease that affects your immunity system like AIDS.
- If you have any serious infection.
Side effects of Lefra 10mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhea
- Loss of appetite, weight loss
- Tiredness, weakness
- Mouth ulcers
- Skin rashes, dry skin, itching
- Tingling sensation
- increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Lefra 10mg Tablet
Can I take Lefra 10mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Lefra 10mg Tablet must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause some serious birth defects in unborn baby.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be (or if there is any delay in onset of menses), you should consult your doctor immediately.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 2 years after the final dose or up to 11 days after the treatment (washout period).
- It is essential to consult your doctor, if you think you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby, before starting treatment with this medicine.
Can I take Lefra 10mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Leflunomide passes into breast milk, hence you should not breast feed, while taking Lefra 10mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lefra 10mg Tablet?
Lefra 10mg Tablet may make you dizzy, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Lefra 10mg Tablet?
Consuming alcohol along with Lefra 10mg Tablet, may increase the risk of liver problems. Thus you should avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had any lung diseases like interstitial lung disease
- You have ever had tuberculosis or have been in contact with someone who had the disease.
- You are going to be vaccinated.
- You are breastfeeding.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning to have a baby.
- You are a male patent and want to be father.
- You notice any allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking Lefra 10mg Tablet, immediately contact your doctor.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Lefra 10mg Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below the age of 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Lefra 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Leflunomide in Lefra 10mg Tablet works by weakening or suppressing the immune system. This suppression decreases the swelling, pain and stiffness and improves function.
Directions for Use of Lefra 10mg Tablet
Lefra 10mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Lefra 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Lefra 10mg Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin along with this medicine can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Live vaccines can interact with this medicine, thus concomitant use is not recommended.
- Concomitant use of Lefra 10mg Tablet along with Cholestyramine or activated charcoal is not recommended.
- Cyclosporin used in organ transplantation can also be inappropriate to take with this medicine.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate, oral contraceptives, cefaclor, indomethacin, benzylpenicillin, ciprofloxacin, zidovudine, furosemide, rosuvastatin, sulfasalazine should be used with ion along with Lefra 10mg Tablet.read less
Interactions with food items
Lefra 10mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Lefra 10mg Tablet
Store Lefra 10mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lefra 10mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may be stomach pain, nausea, diarrhoea, increased liver enzymes, anemia, itching and rash. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Lefra 10mg Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Lefra 10mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Lefra 10mg Tablet?
A: Lefra 10mg Tablet is used in adults to treat active rheumatoid arthritis (a condition that cause pain and swelling in the joints) and psoriatic arthritis (a type of arthritis that affects some people who have the skin condition called psoriasis).
Q: How to take Lefra 10mg Tablet?
A: Lefra 10mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Should I take Lefra 10mg Tablet with or without food?
A: Lefra 10mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can Lefra 10mg Tablet be given to children?
A: No, Lefra 10mg Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below the age of 18 years old.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved