Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lariago 250 MG Description
Lariago tablet is an antimalarial medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of malaria. It contains chloroquine as its active ingredient. This medicine works by killing the parasitic orga
nism causing malaria. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed, but it is better to take it at the same time daily. Take Lariago 250 after food, to avoid stomach upset. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Stopping this medicine suddenly may result in treatment failure and incomplete eradication of malaria-causing organisms from the body. Thus, increase the risk of re-infection. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Lariago 250 MG
Contraindications of Lariago 250 MG
- If you are allergic to chloroquine or any other ingredients of Lariago 250mg tablet.
- If you are taking amiodarone medicine to control irregular heartbeats.
Side effects of Lariago 250 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Lariago 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness.
- You are experiencing chest pain, irregular heart rhythm, increased heart rate or palpitations.
- You have swelling in your legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating or coughing while lying.
- You have liver, kidney or heart disorder & muscle weakness.
- You have developed rashes after taking this medicine.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take Lariago Tablet for long-term treatment, then you should be monitored for heart muscle disorder.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long, as Lariago tablets may make you more sensitive to the sun.
Mode of Action of Lariago 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lariago 250 MG
- Lariago tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after having your meal to avoid stomach discomfort. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Lariago 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lariago tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, other antimalarials, medicines to reduce the acid content in the stomach and anti-infectives.
- Medicine used to reduce stomach acid & to treat diarrhoea like kaolin should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours.
Storage and disposal of Lariago 250 MG
- Store Lariago tablets below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Lariago 250 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose are nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, decrease in potassium level, blurred or double vision, uneasiness, fits, low blood pressure, shock, lung diseases and abnormal heart rate....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid getting malaria infection?
- Wear light-coloured, long-sleeve clothing and long trousers if you are outside after sunset to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
- It would be best if you use an insect repellent cream or spray to reduce the chance of being bitten by mosquitoes.
- It would be best if you use a mosquito net around the bed while sleeping to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
Q: Can I stop taking tab Lariago on my own?
Q: Can I use Lariago 250 mg tablet for fever?
Q: How long do I take Lariago 250?
Q: Is Lariago tablet effective?
Q: Can Lariago tablet be used for cold?
Q: What is Lariago tablet used for?
Q: When should I take my Lariago tablet?
Q: Can I take Lariago for chills?
- Avloclor Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- ARALEN [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Chloroquine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Avloclor Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]