Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lariago tablet is an antimalarial medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of malaria. It contains chloroquine as its active ingredient. This medicine works by killing the parasitic organ
ism causing malaria. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed, but it is better to take it at the same time daily. Take Lariago 250 after food, to avoid stomach upset. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Stopping this medicine suddenly may result in treatment failure and incomplete eradication of malaria-causing organisms from the body. Thus, increase the risk of re-infection. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
Uses of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lariago tablet is used to treat, prevent & suppress malarial infection.
Contraindications of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to chloroquine or any other ingredients of Lariago 250mg tablet.
- If you are taking amiodarone medicine to control irregular heartbeats.
Side effects of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Lariago tablets during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Lariago tablets should not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor considers them essential. Pregnant women should avoid travelling to malaria-prone places. Please consult your doctor before starting this medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby.
Can I take Lariago tablet while breastfeeding?
Chloroquine passes into the breastmilk in small amounts, thus you should consult your doctor before using the Lariago tablet while breastfeeding. You should not breastfeed if you are supposed to take high doses of chloroquine for the long term. Alternative medicine is a better option especially when the newborn is premature.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lariago tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision during the initial days of treatment. Be cautious and avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Lariago tablet?
There is no known interaction between this medicine and alcohol. However, long-term alcohol consumption or heavy drinking is known to suppress your immune function. Consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness.
- You are experiencing chest pain, irregular heart rhythm, increased heart rate or palpitations.
- You have swelling in your legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating or coughing while lying.
- You have liver, kidney or heart disorder & muscle weakness.
- You have developed rashes after taking this medicine.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take Lariago Tablet for long-term treatment, then you should be monitored for heart muscle disorder.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long, as Lariago tablets may make you more sensitive to the sun.
Mode of Action of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
An organism called plasmodium causes malaria. Lariago tablet inhibits the growth of the malarial parasite by acting on its DNA & certain enzymes which leads to the death of the malarial parasite and s
tops the spread of malarial infection....
Directions for Use of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Lariago tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after having your meal to avoid stomach discomfort. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Lariago tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, other antimalarials, medicines to reduce the acid content in the stomach and anti-infectives.
- Medicine used to reduce stomach acid & to treat diarrhoea like kaolin should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours.
Storage and disposal of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Lariago tablets below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Lariago 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose are nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, decrease in potassium level, blurred or double vision, uneasiness, fits, low blood pressure, shock, lung diseases and abnormal heartrate....Read more
- If you experience any of the symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It would be best if you never missed your dose of anti-malarial medicine, it may lead to treatment failure. If you have missed any dose of Lariago tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time
for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid getting malaria infection?
- Wear light-coloured, long-sleeve clothing and long trousers if you are outside after sunset to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
- It would be best if you use an insect repellent cream or spray to reduce the chance of being bitten by mosquitoes.
- It would be best if you use a mosquito net around the bed while sleeping to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
Q: Can I stop taking Lariago tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking antimalarial medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking Lariago tablets, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may produce side effects as well.
Q: Can I use Lariago Tablet for fever?
A: No, Lariago tablet is an antimalarial medicine and may not be useful in fever.
Q: How long do I take Lariago tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Lariago tablets will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Is Lariago tablet effective?
A: Lariago tablet is effective if taken at the dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking the medicine once you start feeling good, the chances of the infection reoccurring are more.
Q: Can Lariago tablet be used for cold?
A: No, Lariago tablet may not be useful in treating a cold. It is an anti-malarial medicine used to treat symptoms of malarial infection such as high body temperature, shivery, feeling hot, headache, vomiting, muscle pains etc.
- Avloclor Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
- ARALEN [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
- Chloroquine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
- Avloclor Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 30 Jul 2021 | 08:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved