Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
Lacrate O Syrup 100ml Description
Lacrate O Syrup is used to treat ulcers and prevent the reoccurrence of ulcers in the stomach and intestine. It also provides relief from pain, post-meal acidity and heartburn associated with acid r
eflux and inflammation in the stomach. Lacrate O Syrup is an oral suspension that contains two main ingredients, sucralfate and oxetacaine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take Lacrate O Syrup 1 hour before food.
|You Save||₹10.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Oxetacaine + Sucralfate|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, stomach and intestine ulcers|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, increased thirst, headache|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-FLATULENT|
Uses of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
Contraindications of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
Side effects of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased thirst
Precautions and Warnings of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You have severe kidney or liver-related disorders or you are undergoing dialysis.
- You are taking magnesium-containing antacids for a prolonged period.
- You experience defective bone growth, soft bones or brain-related disorder due to aluminium toxicity.
- You are diabetic and experience a rise in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Lacrate O Syrup is a combination product it works by the combined action of sucralfate and oxetacaine.
- Sucralfate protects the digestive tract from the damaging effects of acids in the stomach, alcohol and medicinal substances like aspirin and promotes the healing of ulcers.
- Oxetacaine inhibits acid production in the stomach by suppressing the action of an enzyme. It also acts as a local anaesthetic and provides relief from the pain associated with ulcers and acid reflux.
Directions for Use of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
- Lacrate O Syrup should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Take it preferably one hour before having your meals.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Lacrate O Syrup may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines, herbal preparations or supplements....
- Lacrate O Syrup can reduce the action of medicines used for treating ulcers such as cimetidine and ranitidine.
- Lacrate O Syrup can reduce the action of levothyroxine, a medicine used for thyroid-related disorder.
- The effect of antibiotics known as tetracyclines & minocycline is decreased when used with this suspension.
- This medicine can decrease the effect of theophylline which is used for asthma and breathlessness.
- Lacrate O Syrup decreases the effect of phenytoin (a medicine used to control fits).
- Other medicines such as digoxin (used for treating heart failure), ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), ketoconazole (antifungal) and medicine used to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine may interact with Lacrate O Syrup ....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
- Store Lacrate O Syrup at room temperature.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lacrate O Syrup 100ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Lacrate O Syrup to a child?
Q: Can I use Lacrate O Syrup for acidity?
Q: Can I use Lacrate O Syrup for gastritis?
Q: Can I drink water after taking Lacrate O Syrup?
- Carafate oral suspension [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Fourrts India | Sucrafil O Gel – The No. 1 Sucralfate – Oxetacaine Brand [Internet]. Fourrts.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Oxethazaine - HMIS Online [Internet]. Hmis.online. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Oxetacaine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]