Klorzid 6.25mg Tablet
Klorzid 6.25 MG Description
Klorzid Tablet contains chlorthalidone, which belongs to the diuretic group of medicine. It is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure. This medicine lowers the raise
d blood pressure by increasing the excretion of water and sodium from the body through urine. It is to be taken with food at a fixed time of day as prescribed by your doctor. You should take this Tablet at a fixed time every day to gain optimal therapeutic benefits. You should not abruptly stop taking this medicine, as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and even heart failure. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Ctd 6.25mg 15's TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.55₹ 79.52₹ 5.3/Tablet
- Lupiclor 6.25mg Tablet 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.75₹ 99.75₹ 6.65/Tablet
Uses of Klorzid 6.25 MG
- Klorzid Tablet is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure.
- It is also used as a supportive treatment to reduce swelling caused by the accumulation of fluid in the body either due to heart disease, liver disease or kidney disease.
Contraindications of Klorzid 6.25 MG
- If you are allergic to Chlorthalidone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If your urine output in 24 hours is very low (less than 100ml).
Side effects of Klorzid 6.25 MG
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Klorzid 6.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your blood pressure is low or you have dehydration.
- You have kidney disease or you are on a salt-restricted diet.
- The use of Klorzid Tablets may cause low levels of electrolytes in the body. It is advisable to monitor electrolytes periodically.
Mode of Action of Klorzid 6.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Klorzid 6.25 MG
Interactions of Klorzid 6.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Klorzid Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Taking Klorzid Tablet, along with other medications used for high blood pressure, increases the action of other medicines.
- Taking this medicine with lithium decreases the excretion of lithium through urine, leading to the accumulation of lithium in the body.
Storage and disposal of Klorzid 6.25 MG
- Store Klorzid Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.