Just Tears Eye Oint
Just Tears 0.5 % Description
Just Tears Eye Ointment is used to provide temporary relief from irritation, burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes. It contains carboxymethylcellulose (carmellose) as its main component.
It acts as a lubricant and helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using these Just Tears Eye Ointment, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
|Contains||Carboxymethylcellulose / Carmellose(0.5 %)|
Uses of Just Tears 0.5 %
Contraindications of Just Tears 0.5 %
Side effects of Just Tears 0.5 %
- Itching, irritation, redness, burning sensation in the eyes
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Just Tears 0.5 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using Just Tears Eye Ointment, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- You are using any other eye medications.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow Just Tears Eye Ointment, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Just Tears 0.5 %
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. A decrease in the production of tears leads to drying of the eyes which can result in irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Just Tears Eye Ointment due to its high viscosity prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes and reducing the dryness....
Directions for Use of Just Tears 0.5 %
- Use Just Tears Eye Ointment as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Follow all the directions carefully and do not miss any doses.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
Interactions of Just Tears 0.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Just Tears 0.5 %
- Store Just Tears Eye Ointment at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Just Tears 0.5 %
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Just Tears Eye Ointment instil the drops as soon as you remember, if the next installation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next installation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed instillation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Just Tears Eye Ointment?
Q: Can I use Just Tears Eye Ointment frequently?
Q: Can you use Just Tears Eye Ointment at night?
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]