Intrafer Injection 5ml
By INTRA LABS LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Intrafer 20 MG Description
Intrafer Injection contains iron sucrose as active ingredient. It is used to treat iron-deficiency, also termed as anemia. This medicine restores the decrease level of iron in the body. Avoid taking
Intrafer if you have any allergic reaction to any other iron medicines. Before starting with Intrafer Injection, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming. This Injection will be given in a hospital or clinic by a nurse or the doctor. Do not self-inject.
|You Save||₹435.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Iron Sucrose(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Iron deficiency anemia|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, injection site pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Iron Sucrose(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Intrafer 20 MG
Intrafer Injection is used to treat iron-deficiency, also termed as anemia, a condition of deficiency of healthy red blood cells.
Contraindications of Intrafer 20 MG
- If you are allergic to iron sucrose or any other ingredients of Intrafer Injection.
- If you have a severe allergic reaction to other iron medicines.
- If you have anemia, which is not caused due to iron-deficiency.
- If you have excessive iron in your body.
- If you have a problem with how your body uses iron.
Side effects of Intrafer 20 MG
- Stomach pain
- Pain in the muscle, limbs, joints
- Injection site pain, swelling, redness, itching
- Injection site bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Intrafer 20 MG
Can I take Intrafer Injection during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of this Injection in human pregnancy, especially during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child.
Can I take Intrafer Injection while breastfeeding?
- This Injection passes into human milk. Since the baby may be exposed to medicine, consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Intrafer Injection?
This Injection may make you dizzy and feel light-headed. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Intrafer Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of this Injection on alcohol. Avoid taking alcohol in an excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of having an allergy to the medicine.
- You have an immune system disease called lupus.
- You have swelling or pain in your joints.
- You have severe asthma or other allergies.
- You have any infections.
- You have problems with your liver.
- This Injection is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Intrafer 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Iron is important for the development of new red blood cells. Intrafer Injection works by refilling iron stores so that the body can make more red blood cells.
Directions for Use of Intrafer 20 MG
- This Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an Injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Intrafer 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of iron sucrose along with other iron medicines taken by mouth should be avoided as it may alter the effects of the medicine. You should use iron medicine taken by mouth at least 5-days after the iron Injection....
- You should tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the other medicines or herbal products you are using.
Storage and disposal of Intrafer 20 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this Injection away from children and pets.
- This Injection should be used immediately after opening.
- Do not use this Injection if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this Injection in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Intrafer 20 MG
You are less likely to get an overdose of Intrafer Injection as it is given to you by a doctor or nurse in a clinic or hospital. Inform the doctor if you feel any discomfort immediately after the administration of this Injection....
Missed a Dose
The chances of missing a dose of Intrafer Injection are rare, as you will be monitored closely by a healthcare professional. In case they miss a dose, inform them.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is iron-deficiency or anemia?
A: Iron-deficiency or anemia can be defined as a lack of sufficient amounts of healthy red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen to the body's tissues, lack of these cells may lead to weakness, pale skin, fatigue, brittle nails, etc.
Q: What are the food sources of iron?
- Lean meat, seafood and chicken
- Iron-protected breakfast cereals and bread
- White beans, lentils, spinach, kidney beans, and peas
- Nuts and some dried fruits, such as raisins
Q: Is Intrafer Injection safe in pregnancy?
A: There is limited information about the effects of this Injection in human pregnancy, especially during the first three months of pregnancy. However, this should be taken if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron / ml, solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron / ml, solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Iron Sucrose Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed