Inpod 200mg Tablets
By PRAGMATIC LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Inpod 200mg Tablets Description
Inpod 200mg Tab is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine conta
ining cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Inpod 200mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using Inpod 200mg Tab , inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹20.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg)
28 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Inpod 200mg Tablets
- Proxtl 200mg TabletBy Veritaz Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.28₹ 190.28₹ 19.03/Tablet
- Kefodime 200mg TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 186.00₹ 158.10₹ 15.81/Tablet
- Uva Cef 200mg TabletBy Unichem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 174.45₹ 157.00₹ 15.7/Tablet
- Podo 200mg TabletBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 196.00₹ 166.60₹ 16.66/Tablet
- Polares 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 243.10₹ 243.10₹ 24.31/Tablet
- Oxipod 200mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.65₹ 139.77₹ 13.98/Tablet
- Cefentod 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Entod Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.20₹ 155.72₹ 15.57/Tablet
- Xop 200 Mg Tablet 6By Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.00₹ 155.55₹ 25.93/Tablet
- Bactogard 200mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 167.50₹ 142.37₹ 14.24/Tablet
- Cefoprox 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.99₹ 152.79₹ 15.28/Tablet
Uses of Inpod 200mg Tablets
- Inpod 200mg Tab is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of Inpod 200mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of Inpod 200mg Tab .
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Inpod 200mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Inpod 200mg Tablets
Can I take Inpod 200mg Tab during pregnancy?
As there is limited information about the use of Inpod 200mg Tab during pregnancy, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this tablet.
Can I take Inpod 200mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Components of Inpod 200mg Tab are known to pass into the breastmilk but in small amounts. However, it can be used while breastfeeding. In case of diarrhoea or mucosal fungal infection in the breastfed baby, consult your doctor for further information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Inpod 200mg Tab ?
You may feel dizzy while taking Inpod 200mg Tab . Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Inpod 200mg Tab ?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Inpod 200mg Tab . However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Inpod 200mg Tab .
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Inpod 200mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime in Inpod 200mg Tab works by controlling the growth of bacteria and killing them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Inpod 200mg Tablets
Inpod 200mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Inpod 200mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Inpod 200mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with Inpod 200mg Tab ....
Interactions with food items
Food increases the absorption of Inpod 200mg Tab . Thus, your doctor may recommend you take it with or after having your meal.
Storage and disposal of Inpod 200mg Tablets
- Store Inpod 200mg Tab in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Inpod 200mg Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Inpod 200mg Tab , contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Inpod 200mg Tab , take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Inpod 200mg Tab be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Inpod 200mg Tab without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Inpod 200mg Tab before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment, even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course with Inpod 200mg Tab as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is Inpod 200mg Tab ?
A: Inpod 200mg Tab is an antibiotic containing Cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, throat, urinary tract.
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed