Indap 2.5mg Tablet
By ORCHID CHEMICALS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Indap 2.5 MG Description
Indap Tablet is a medicine used to lower blood pressure. It contains Indapamide as its active ingredient. Indap is a water pill, which works by removing excess water and salt from the body. This Tabl
et should be used by individuals over 18 years of age. Indap should be preferably taken in the morning or daytime. High blood pressure or hypertension is a critical health condition, hence you should continue to take this medicine even if you feel well. You should also follow a healthy diet and maintain certain lifestyle modifications to control your blood pressure.
|You Save||₹8.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Vomiting, dizziness, excessive urination|
Check more medicines with composition as Indapamide(2.5 Mg)
Uses of Indap 2.5 MG
For the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Indap 2.5 MG
If you are allergic to indapamide or any other ingredient of the Indap Tablet. If you have an existing kidney failure or liver failure. If you have low levels of potassium in your body.
Side effects of Indap 2.5 MG
- Red raised skin rash
- Skin allergy
- Excessive urination
Precautions and Warnings of Indap 2.5 MG
Can I take the Indap Tablet during pregnancy?
Indap should not be taken during pregnancy, if you become pregnant while taking this medicine or wish to become pregnant inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take the Indap Tablet while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding is not advisable if you are taking the Indap as the active ingredient of this medicine can pass into the breastmilk and affect the newborn.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Indap Tablet?
Indap can make you feel dizzy or tired especially right after the therapy is initiated. Be cautious and avoid driving if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with the Indap Tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking the Indap tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a heart, kidney or liver-related disorder.
- You have gout or diabetes.
- You are supposed to do a test to check the parathyroid function.
- You have fluid imbalance or imbalance of sodium or potassium levels in your body. You may be asked to check the electrolyte levels before and after the initiation of treatment.
- Indap may increase the sensitivity of your skin to sunlight. If this happens you should tell your doctor as he/she may decide to stop your treatment.
Mode of Action of Indap 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Indap Tablet is a water pill. It works by acting on the kidneys. It increases the urinary output and hence increases the excretion of water and salt from the body. This helps in reducing cardiac output and blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Indap 2.5 MG
- Take the Indap Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Try to take this medicine at the same time every day.
- Indap Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Indap 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Indap Tablet works or the Indap Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, blood-thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, medicines for stomach related disorders or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Indap 2.5 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Indap 2.5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of the Indap Tablet may include nausea (feeling sick), vomiting, low blood pressure, cramps, feeling dizzy or drowsy, confusion and changes in the amount of urine produced. If you have taken too much of this medicine inform your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to increased blood pressure. If you forget to take a dose of your medicine, take the next dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the Indap Tablet?
A: Indap Tablet is a water pill (diuretic). It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Q: What is the best time to take the Indap?
A: The best time to take the Indap is in the morning or as advised by the doctor. Do not take this medicine too late in the day (after 4 pm) or at night, otherwise, you may have to wake up to go to the toilet.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed