Helmintol 100mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Helmintol 100 MG Description
Helmintol Tablet contains Mebendazole which is an anti-worm medicine. It is used to treat infection caused by worms. Helmintol kills the worm by depriving them of glucose and energy source. This medi
cine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age. You may experience stomach discomfort or pain, gas and diarrhoea after taking this medicine. If you experience any other effect after taking this medicine consult your doctor immediately.
|You Save||₹1.04 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Stomach or intestinal infection|
|Side effects||Stomach ache or discomfort, diarrhoea, gas, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Mebendazole(100.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Helmintol 100mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Mebex TabletBy Cipla Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 17.40₹ 13.92₹ 2.32/Tablet
Uses of Helmintol 100 MG
Helmintol Tablet is used to treat infections of the stomach and intestine caused by various types of worms.
Contraindications of Helmintol 100 MG
- If you are allergic to Mebendazole or any other components of Helmintol Tablet.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Helmintol 100 MG
- Stomach Pain
- Stomach Discomfort
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Helmintol 100 MG
Can I take Helmintol Tablet during pregnancy?
Helmintol Tablets must not be used if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant as it can cause harm to the unborn child. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Helmintol Tablet while breastfeeding?
Mebendazole passes into breastmilk and can be harmful to the baby. This medicine should be used cautiously by a breastfeeding or lactating women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Helmintol Tablet?
Helmintol Tablet does not affect the ability to drive and operate heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Helmintol Tablet?
As there is limited data available about the effect of alcohol on Helmintol Tablets, you should consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking any other medicine, herbal preparation or supplements.
- You are a young woman and planning a pregnancy.
- You have any known blood-related disorder.
- Helmintol Tablet is not recommended in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Helmintol 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Mebendazole in Helmintol Tablet works by inhibiting or blocking the utilisation of glucose by the worm thereby causing decreased ATP formation and depletion of the energy source in the worm.
Directions for Use of Helmintol 100 MG
Helmintol Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Helmintol 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Helmintol Tablets.
- Medicine used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine can increase the levels of this medicine in the body and can lead to undesirable effects.
- Medicine used to treat bacterial or parasitic infection (antibiotics) like Metronidazole can lead to serious allergic reactions of skin if taken along with these medicines and hence concomitant use should be avoided....
Storage and disposal of Helmintol 100 MG
- Store Helmintol Tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Helmintol 100 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of this medicine include stomach pain or cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. In rare cases, excess of Helmintol Tablets will lead to altered liver functions, hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) and hair loss....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of the Helmintol Tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Helmintol an antibiotic?
A: No, Helmintol Tablet is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-worm medicine used to treat infections caused by various types of worms.
Q: Is Helmintol effective?
A: Helmintol Tablet is effective if taken at dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking the Tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of reoccurring of the infection is more.
Q: Will Helmintol Tablet kill all the worms?
A: Yes, Helmintol Tablet will kill all the worms present in the stomach and intestine, provided you take it as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
- Mebendazole- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Mebendazole [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Mebendazole- NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed