Grilinctus Bm Tablet
Grilinctus Bm Tablet Description
Grilinctus-BM Tablet contains medicines namely terbutaline and bromhexine as active ingredients. Grilinctus-BM tablet is used to improve or provide relief from the breathing problems related to asthm
a, cough (especially with sputum) and stuffy nose. Terbutaline in the Grilinctus-BM tablet relaxes the muscles of the windpipe and bromhexine decreases the viscosity of the sputum. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic, have ulcers in the stomach or intestine, taking other cough-suppressing medicines, are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Take this medicine as advised by your treating doctor, for the prescribed duration. Contact your doctor if your symptoms don’t improve or you are getting symptoms related to severe hypersensitivity reactions.
|You Save||₹3.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Bromhexine(8.0 Mg) + Terbutaline(2.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, shakiness, increased heart rate, cramps|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
Contraindications of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
- If you are allergic to terbutaline, bromhexine or any other content of Grilinctus-BM tablet.
- If you have ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- If you taking other cough medicines which inhibits the cough reflex (like codeine), especially before going to sleep.
Side effects of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
- Fast heartbeats
- Ponding heartbeats (palpitation)
- Feeling tense
- Irregular heartbeats
- Feeling sick
- Altered sleep pattern
Precautions and Warnings of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a feeling of weakness.
- You have asthma or mechanical narrowing of the lumen of the windpipe.
- You have stomach or duodenal ulcers, this medicine may irritate the lining.
- You have any liver or kidney problems.
- You have any symptoms related to hypersensitivity reactions.
- You have pregnancy or any problems related to pregnancy.
- You have Diabetes mellitus. Your doctor may advise a few tests before starting the treatment.
- You have any heart problems like irregular heartbeats or angina (chest pain due to decreased blood supply to the heart).
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- Do not use this medicine in children below 14 years of age.
Mode of Action of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Terbutaline is a bronchodilator group of medicine. It relaxes the muscle tension of the windpipe by blocking the effect of certain chemicals in the body. Thus breathing becomes easier for the patient.
- Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine that makes the sputum thinner and loosens the phlegm, thus it becomes easier for the patient to cough it out. It relieves the symptoms like chest pain which arises due to severe coughing. It is also helpful in patients with asthma with other medicines....
Directions for Use of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew this medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Grilinctus-BM tablet works, or Grilinctus-BM itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- If you are to undergo any surgery with general anaesthetics, it is important that you inform your doctor about all medicines you are taking.
Storage and disposal of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
- Store it below 25°C in the original packaging.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Grilinctus Bm Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Grilinctus-BM Tablet?
Q: How does the Grilinctus-BM Tablet work?
Q: Can I use Grilinctus-BM Tablet if I am suffering from a heart problem?
Q: Can I stop Grilinctus-BM Tablet once my symptoms improve?
- Bricanyl Tablets 5mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- Bricanyl Tablets 5mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- Bromohexine tablet [Internet]. Npra.gov.my. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]