Gonal F 450iu Pre Filled Pen Of 0.75ml Solution For Injection
Gonal F 450 IU Description
Gonal F Solution For Injection is used to treat infertility in women who are not ovulating (producing an egg) properly, male infertility (men with low sperm count). It contains follitropin alfa as it
s active ingredient. Follitropin alfa is a type of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) that belongs to a class of hormones called ‘gonadotropins’ that are involved in reproduction and fertility. Gonal F Solution For Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Avoid self-injecting this medicine. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting treatment with Gonal F Solution For Injection.
Uses of Gonal F 450 IU
- Female infertility and development of multiple follicles in ovulatory infertile women
- Male hypogonadism (low sperm count due to low level of certain hormones secretion)
Contraindications of Gonal F 450 IU
- If you are allergic to Follicle Stimulating Hormone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have tumor in brain.
- If you have any kind of problems related to reproductive organs such as early menopause, cyst in ovaries, cancer in the womb, breast, damaged testicles etc.
Side effects of Gonal F 450 IU
- Pain, irritation, swelling, redness at site of injection
- Ovarian cysts
- Stomach ache
- Stomach painn
Precautions and Warnings of Gonal F 450 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have a history or currently have any kind of blood-related disorder.
- You experience leg pain, stomach pain, skin sensitivity such as blistering on the skin on exposure to the sun. The doctor might immediately stop the treatment.
- You may develop the risk of Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS). The symptoms may include lower abdominal pain, breathing difficulty, rapid weight gain, nausea etc. If you experience any of such symptoms talk to your doctor it may require discontinuation of treatment....
- You may have a higher risk of being pregnant with more than one child at the same
- time (multiple pregnancies).
- This medicine can make you more prone to miscarriage than average women.
- You have a history of blood clotting-related problems or heart stroke. It can make you more likely to have such a problem during the treatment.
- You have damaged testicles due to too much FSH in your blood. This medicine might not be effective in such medical conditions. However, if the doctor prescribes then you need to monitor semen analysis for 5 to 6 months after starting treatment....
Mode of Action of Gonal F 450 IU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gonal F 450 IU
- Gonal F Solution For Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Gonal F 450 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Gonal F Solution For Injection may interact with other medicines and discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking any other medicines used in the treatment of female infertility such as clomiphene citrate, as it may increase the effect on ovaries.
- Other medicines which reduce your sex hormone levels and stop you from ovulating. In such condition you need higher dose of Gonal F Solution For Injection.
Storage and disposal of Gonal F 450 IU
- Store this injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.