Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
By ALCON LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10g Eye Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Genteal Eye Gel is used to provide temporary relief from irritation, burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes. It contains carboxymethylcellulose (carmellose) as its main component. It acts a
s a lubricant and helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using these Genteal Eye Gel, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions....
Uses of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
Genteal Eye Gel is used for the temporary relief of burning, irritation and discomfort due to the dryness of the eyes.
Contraindications of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
If you are allergic to carboxymethylcellulose or any of the other ingredients of Genteal Eye Gel
Side effects of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
- Itching, irritation, redness, burning sensation in the eyes
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
Can I instil Genteal Eye Gel during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Genteal Eye Gel during pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I instil Genteal Eye Gel while breastfeeding?
Genteal Eye Gel can be used while breastfeeding as this is meant for external application and the chances of its absorption are negligible.
Can I drive if I have instilled Genteal Eye Gel?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and an inability to recognise objects properly after using Genteal Eye Gel. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled Genteal Eye Gel?
There is no information available on the interaction of this Genteal Eye Gel with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using Genteal Eye Gel, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- You are using any other eye medications.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow Genteal Eye Gel, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. A decrease in the production of tears leads to drying of the eyes which can result in irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Genteal Eye Gel due to its high viscosity prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes and reducing the dryness....Read more
Directions for Use of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
- Use Genteal Eye Gel as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Follow all the directions carefully and do not miss any doses.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
Interactions of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
Interactions with other medicines
Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or OTC products you are taking. If you use another eye drops product concomitantly with Genteal Eye Gel, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes betwe
en the application of two medicines....
Storage and disposal of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
- Store Genteal Eye Gel at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Genteal Tube Of 10gm Eye Gel
As Genteal Eye Gel is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Genteal Eye Gel instil the drops as soon as you remember, if the next installation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next installation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed instillation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Genteal Eye Gel?
A: Genteal Eye Gel is used as a lubricant and in conditions causing dry eyes.
Q: Can I use Genteal Eye Gel frequently?
A: Genteal Eye Gel should be used only as frequently as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can you use Genteal Eye Gel at night?
A: Yes, you can use Genteal Eye Gel at any time of the day. However, it is important to abide by your doctor’s prescription.
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 06:59 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved