Furamist Az Nasal Spray
By CIPLA LIMITED
70md Nasal Spray in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Furamist Az Nasal Spray is used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis characterised by itching, a runny nose, sneezing, congestion, etc. It contains a combination of fluticasone and azelastine as its
active components. It should be used as per your doctor's advice, in the correct way to relieve allergic symptoms. Dryness of the nose, ulceration and unpleasant taste in the mouth are some common side effects of this medicine. If side effects persist or your condition doesn't improve after using this spray, inform your doctor. It is not to be used continuously for more than 7 days. Prolonged use of this medicine may lead to reoccurrence of nasal congestion (rebound congestion)...
Uses of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
- For the treatment of allergic rhinitis characterized by sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose and congestion or stuffiness.
Contraindications of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
- If you are allergic to fluticasone, azelastine or any other ingredient of Furamist Az Nasal Spray.
Side effects of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
- Dryness of nose
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Ulceration in nose
- Risk of fungal or viral infections of airways and throat
- Bleeding from nose
- Sore throat
- Delay in the healing of wounds
- Altered smell or taste sensations
- Eye problems (worsening of cataract or glaucoma)
Precautions and Warnings of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
Can I use Furamist Az Nasal Spray during pregnancy?
Limited information is available about the safe use of Furamist Az Nasal Spray in pregnant women. Thus, avoid the use of this spray during pregnancy. Use only if considered essential by your doctor.
Can I use Furamist Az Nasal Spray while breastfeeding?
Medicines present in Furamist Az Nasal Spray are not known to be secreted in breastmilk. However, avoid using this spray unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Furamist Az Nasal Spray?
Furamist Az Nasal Spray generally does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Furamist Az Nasal Spray?
You should avoid alcohol intake while using Furamist Az Nasal Spray as it may worsen some side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have undergone a recent surgery of nose or paranasal sinuses.
- You have an ulcer or wound in your nose.
- You are suffering from a fungal, bacterial or viral infection of airways or throat.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You have eye problems like glaucoma or cataract.
- This spray is not recommended for children below 12-years of age.
- You have disorders related to the immune system, kidney or liver.
- You are taking any other steroid medicine orally or through injections.
- You notice the worsening of symptoms after using this spray.
Mode of Action of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
How Does It Work?
Fluticasone, which is a steroid and azelastine being an antiallergic agent to reduce the swelling and inflammation of the inner lining of the nose. Furamist Az Nasal Spray reduces the symptoms of nose
allergy like running nose, irritation in the nose, sneezing and nasal congestion....
Directions for Use of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
- Use Furamist Az Nasal Spray as directed by your doctor.
- Spray it inside both your nostrils one by one.
- Wash your hands before and after using this spray.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Furamist Az Nasal Spray or Furamist Az Nasal Spray itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular if you are taking medicines for brain related disorders, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir etc.
- Antifungal medicines like ketoconazole and antiviral medicines may worsen the side effects if given along with Furamist Az Nasal Spray.
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, use of Furamist Az Nasal Spray should be done judiciously, as it may add up to side effects.
Storage and disposal of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
- Store at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Furamist Az Nasal Spray
As Furamist Az Nasal Spray is meant for intranasal application only, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed using Furamist Az Nasal Spray, use it as soon as possible. Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will the use of Furamist Az Nasal Spray make me sleepy?
A: No, using Furamist Az Nasal Spray will not make you sleepy.
Q: Is Furamist Az Nasal Spray addictive?
A: Furamist Az Nasal Spray is not at all addictive. It is a very effective and useful medicine for people suffering from discomfort due to allergic symptoms of the nose like running nose, sneezing and congestion.
Q: Does Furamist Az Nasal Spray contain steroids?
A: Yes, Furamist Az Nasal Spray contains a steroid medicine which is very effective and safe in improving the symptoms of nose allergy (allergic rhinitis). Locally applied steroids have comparatively lesser side effects than steroid tablet or injections.
Last Updated on: 04 May 2021 | 04:20 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved