Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
By CIPLA LIMITED
2ml Respule in Packet
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Foracort respules 0.5 mg is a solution for inhalation that has two active ingredients namely Formoterol and Budesonide. Foracort is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive disease of airways and lungs, also known as COPD. You should use Foracort respules exactly as advised by your doctor. Do not change your dose or use Foracort respules without talking to your doctor.
Uses of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
- For the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It helps in relieving the symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, chest tightness, wheezing, and coughing etc.
- Foracort respule is not meant for relieving sudden breathing problems and will not replace a rescue inhaler.
Contraindications of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
If you are allergic to any component of Foracort respules. Do not use it for relief of sudden breathing problems or an acute attack of asthma.
Side effects of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
- Chest pain
- Heart palpitation
- Increased blood pressure
- Fungal infection in the mouth or throat
- Pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections
- Low or high blood sugar
- Eye conditions such as glaucoma and cataracts
Precautions and Warnings of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
Can I use Foracort Respules during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Use this medicine only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I use Foracort Respules while breastfeeding?
Components of Foracort respules pass in breast milk. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding. Use this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Foracort Respules?
Foracort respules have no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Foracort Respules?
There is no known interaction of alcohol with components of Foracort respules, take advice from your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart-related disease as this medicine can increase/decrease heart rate and blood pressure. Especially if you have high blood pressure & heart-related problems such as arrhythmias(irregular heartbeats), caution is advised.read less
- You have a history of thyroid problems, fits, diabetes, liver problems or weak bones.
- You have eye disorders like glaucoma or cataract. Get your eyes checked regularly when using Foracort respules. You have tuberculosis, fungal and viral infections. As your infection may worsen after using this medicine.read less
- You may experience a fungal infection of the mouth (oral candidiasis) after using this respule. To avoid it, you should rinse your mouth and gargle after inhalation of Foracort respules.
- You may experience facial skin irritation upon using a nebuliser with a face mask. To prevent such irritation, the face should be washed after using the face mask.
Mode of Action of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
How Does It Work?
Foracort respule contains two active ingredients: Formoterol and Budesonide. Both of these ingredients have different modes of action. Formoterol acts by opening and relaxing the air passage in the lungs and thus making breathing easy. Budesonide is a steroid that produces anti-inflammatory action within the lungs. It reduces swelling and irritation and hence relieves breathing difficulty.
Directions for Use of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
- Use Foracort respules exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not change your dose or how often you use Foracort respules without talking to your doctor.
- Do not use it after the expiration date stamped on the carton. Open the foil pouch just before administration. Once the foil pouch is opened, use the contents of the vial immediately. Refrigerate the unused vials in the foil pouch.read less
- Do not increase the dose or use this inhalation solution more frequently than recommended without consulting your physician. If you find that treatment with Foracort respules becomes less effective or symptoms become worse, or you need to use the product more frequently than usual, seek medical attention immediately.read less
- Foracort respules should only be used via a standard jet nebuliser connected to an air compressor with adequate airflow and equipped with a face mask or mouthpiece.
- The doctor will tell you all the details and instruct you on the correct use.
Interactions of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
Interactions with other medicines
- Foracort respules and certain other medicines may interact with each other. This may cause serious side effects. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take antifungals, medicines used to treat mood disorders and diuretic medicines.read less
- Medicines such as Cardiac glycosides used for treating heart failure and irregular heartbeats should be used with caution with Foracort as it can lead to low potassium levels and irregular heart rhythm.read less
- Tell your doctor if you are on beta-adrenergic blockers that are used to lower blood pressure and for certain eye conditions. If you are not sure which are these medicines, ask your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
- Store Foracort respules under refrigeration at 2°–8°C. Do not freeze, Protect from light.
- Once opened, the foil pouch containing the respules can be stored at room temperature below 25°C for up to 4 weeks.
- If kept at room temperature for more than 4 weeks, do not use the respules and discard them.
- Keep Foracort respules and all medicines out of the reach of children. Safely discard Foracort that are out-of-date or are no longer needed.
Dosage of Foracort 0.5mg Packet Of 5*2ml Respules
An overdose would likely lead to side effects, including chest pain, fluctuations in blood pressure, tremor, headache, palpitations, muscle cramps, dry mouth, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, malaise, insomnia, increased heart rate, high blood sugar, low potassium, and vomiting. Reach out to the nearest hospital in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you miss/skip your scheduled dose of Foracort respules, you can skip that dose and take your next dose as scheduled by your physician. It is not recommended to take two doses of Foracort respules at once.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Foracort respules contains a steroid?
A: Yes, Foracort respules contains two active ingredients Formoterol and Budesonide of which Budesonide is a corticosteroid. It works by reducing the inflammation in the lungs.
Q: What is Foracort respules used for?
A: For the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It helps in relieving the symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, chest tightness, wheezing, and coughing etc.
Other Products from this Brand
- Foracort 200 Mcg Rotacaps
- Foracort 200 Mcg Inhaler
- Foracort 400 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
- Foracort 200 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Bottle Of 120 Md
- Foracort 400 Mcg Inhaler
- Foracort 1 Mg Packet Of 5 2 Ml Respules
- Foracort 100 Mcg Rotacaps
- Foracort 100 Mcg Inhaler
- Foracort 400 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Bottle Of 120 Md
- Foracort 6 400 Mcg Multihaler 400 Mdi
- Foracort 6 200 Mcg Multihaler 120 Mdi
- Foracort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 2 Ml Respules
- Foracort 1 Mg Packet Of 2 Ml Respules
- Foracort 6 200 Mcg Autohaler 200 Mdi
Last Updated on: 12 Mar 2021 | 11:53 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved