Folitrax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Folitrax 10 MG Description
Folitrax 10 tablet contains methotrexate, as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called antimetabolites. It is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It is
a prescription medicine, so never suggest this medicine to anyone, even if their condition is similar to yours. The doctor decides the dosage and frequency of taking this medicine based on clinical condition and response to treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Folitrax 10 tablet.
Uses of Folitrax 10 MG
Contraindications of Folitrax 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Folitrax 10 tablet or any of the ingredients of Folitrax 10.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any underlying medical condition like severe liver and kidney disorders.
- If you have low levels of white blood cells and platelets.
- If you recently had an injection of live vaccines.
- If you have mouth ulcers, or have ulcers in stomach or intestine
- If you are a chronic alcoholic
Side effects of Folitrax 10 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Mouth ulcers
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Folitrax 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any medical condition like blood disorder, kidney disorder, intestinal disorder, lung disease, a brain-related disorder etc.
- You have mouth ulcers.
- You have diabetes or are being treated with insulin.
- You should take proper contraceptive measures during the treatment and should avoid pregnancy at least for 6 months after the treatment stops.
- Do not start, alter or stop this medicine on your own.
- You are giving this medicine to children.
- Consult your doctor regularly when on the treatment. He/she may monitor your blood, kidney, liver tests
- You experience irregular menses or blood in urine or sputum
- You develop fever , chills or any infection
- You develop shortness of breath
- Do not recommend this medicine to others.
- The medicine is restricted to prescription use.
Directions for Use of Folitrax 10 MG
- Take the dosage of Folitrax 10 tablet as per the doctor's prescription.
- This medication should be taken by mouth only.
- Do not take this medicine beyond the prescribed dose.
- Swallow this medicine whole with water.
- The medicine should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Storage and disposal of Folitrax 10 MG
- The medicine should be kept away from children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date mentioned on it.
- Store this medicine in a closed container.
- Store this medicine at room temperatures not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius.
Dosage of Folitrax 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Folitrax 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Folitrax 10 tablet acts by decreasing inflammation that leads to joint pain, destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. It prevents further joint damage.
- In psoriasis, it suppresses the overactive immune system which helps control skin lesions of psoriasis.
Interactions of Folitrax 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Folitrax 10 tablet works, or sometimes Folitrax 10 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, painkillers, water pills, medicines to treat skin disorders, antibiotics, antiepileptic medicines, medicines used in chemotherapy, medicines to treat asthma, immunosuppressants etc....
- Also if you are taking medicines containing folic acid along with this medicine, caution is advised.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before using Folitrax 10 tablet?
Q: How long does Folitrax 10 take to work?
Q: Is Folitrax 10 available in any other form?
Q: What are Folitrax tablet side effects?
Q: Why is Folitrax used?
Q: Can I stop Folitrax 10?
Other Products from this Brand
- FOLITRAX 7.5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- FOLITRAX 15MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- FOLITRAX 5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- FOLITRAX 2.5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- FOLITRAX 20MG STRIP OF 4 TABLETS
- FOLITRAX 50MG VIAL OF 2ML INJECTION
- FOLITRAX 20MG AMPOULE OF 1ML INJECTION
- FOLITRAX 15MG AMPOULE OF 1ML INJECTION
- FOLITRAX 25MG STRIP OF 4 TABLETS