Flucold Af Drops
Flucold Af Drops Description
Flucold Af Oral Drop contains a combination of Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic and Phenylephrine is a decongestant. Flucold Af Oral Drop is used for temporary
relief in common cold and allergic rhinitis. It helps in improving symptoms like runny and stuffed nose, sneezing and throat irritation. This medicine should not be used in patients with heart-related problems. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor for maximum benefits and avoid using it for a prolonged duration when not required.
|You Save||₹4.55 (9% on MRP)|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cold, allergic rhinitis|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, headache, vomiting, weakness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
- Nocold Drops 15mlBy Cipla Gx15ml Oral Drop in BottleMRP 67.50₹ 43.874% CHEAPER₹ 2.92/Ml
- Wikoryl Af Raspberry Flavour Drops 15mlBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15ml Oral Drop in BottleMRP 87.40₹ 80.41₹ 5.36/Ml
- Coriminic Orange Flavour Drops 15mlBy Wanbury Ltd15ml Oral Drop in BottleMRP 72.70₹ 61.79₹ 4.12/Ml
- Febrex Plus Af DropsBy Indoco Remedies Ltd15ml Oral Drop in BottleMRP 84.30₹ 71.65₹ 4.78/Ml
Uses of Flucold Af Drops
Contraindications of Flucold Af Drops
- If you are allergic to Chlorpheniramine or Phenylephrine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have taken medicines for brain disorders such as rasagiline in the last 14 days
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease
- If you have diabetes, increased pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma)
- If you are suffering from the overactive thyroid gland and breathing problems like bronchitis
- If you experience difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate gland
Side effects of Flucold Af Drops
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Flucold Af Drops
Other General Warnings
- You are already taking medicines for psychiatric illness, as it can enhance drowsiness
- You are experiencing drowsiness, nervousness.
- You don't feel any improvement in your symptoms within a week.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have asthma or any airway obstruction problems.
- You have a kidney or liver disease.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have a history of tumour in the adrenal gland.
- You have a blockage in your stomach and intestine.
Mode of Action of Flucold Af Drops
How Does It Work?
- Flucold Af Oral Drop works by combined action of its two components chlorpheneramine and phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and impoves allergic symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, throat irritation....
- Phenylephrine acts is an vasoconsrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessles in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Flucold Af Drops
- Take Flucold Af Oral Drop as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not consume this medicine directly from bottle
- Read any special instruction on the package
Interactions of Flucold Af Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders or psychiatric illness should not be used with Flucold Af as it can lead to a risk of heart-related side effects or increased blood pressure.
- Flucold Af can reduce the effectiveness of high blood pressure medicines and can increase blood pressure abruptly.
- Flucold Af should not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart failure such as digoxin as it can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat or heart attack.
- Phenytoin and ergot containing medicines should not be consumed along with Flucold Af as it can lead to toxicity.
- Other medicines like medicines to induce sleep or anti-anxiety medicines and ceratin painkillers should be used as it can induce sedation.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Flucold Af Drops
- Store Flucold Af Oral Drop between 20°- 25°C
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Flucold Af Drops
- Symptoms of overdose of Flucold Af Oral Drop may include irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, fits or you may sometimes pass out.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.