Fimi Cv Tablets
Fimi Cv Tablets Description
Fimi Cv Tablets is an antibiotic medicine containing a combination of cefixime and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections. Take this me
dicine as directed by the doctor at the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration. Consult with your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
Uses of Fimi Cv Tablets
Contraindications of Fimi Cv Tablets
- If you have an allergy to cefixime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredient of Fimi Cv Tablets .
- If you are allergic to the Cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
Side effects of Fimi Cv Tablets
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers
Precautions and Warnings of Fimi Cv Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Fimi Cv Tablets
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins.
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis).
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have a blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea.
- You are suffering from kidney problems.
Mode of Action of Fimi Cv Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefixime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Fimi Cv Tablets
Interactions of Fimi Cv Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Fimi Cv Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- This medicine can increase the levels of carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required.
- If you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action.
Storage and disposal of Fimi Cv Tablets
- Store Fimi Cv Tablets below 25°C.
- Keep it in original packing to protect it from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Fimi Cv Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Fimi Cv Tablets ?
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Fimi Cv Tablets ?
Q: Does Fimi Cv Tablets cause drowsiness?
Q: Is Fimi Cv Tablets an antibiotic?
- OMNIX CV Tablets (Cefixime + Clavulanic acid ) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Syrup, Suspension - Leading Contract Manufacturers of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Products from India [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]