Fertomid 100mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fertomid 100 MG Description
Fertomid is a prescription medication containing clomiphene (or clomifene) citrate as the active therapeutic molecule. This medicine acts as an ovulatory stimulant in women having ovulatory failure a
nd desire pregnancy. It is only prescribed in cases when ovulatory malfunction has been identified. Before giving Fertomid, other reasons of infertility must be ruled out or adequately treated.
|You Save||₹10.91 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clomiphene / Clomifene(100.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treating infertility, ovulatory dysfunction|
|Side effects||Enlargement of ovaries, hot flashes, breat discomfort, nausea, blurred vision or spots|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR FEMALE INFERTILITY|
Check more medicines with composition as Clomiphene / Clomifene(100.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Fertomid 100mg Tablet
- Siphene 100mg TabletBy Serum International Limited5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.65₹ 61.290.81% CHEAPER₹ 12.26/Tablet
- Clofert 100mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.99₹ 64.59₹ 12.92/Tablet
Uses of Fertomid 100 MG
- Treating infertility cause by ovulatory dysfuntion
Contraindications of Fertomid 100 MG
- History of hypersensitivity or allery to Clomiphene citrate
- Liver diseases or history of liver malfunctioning
- Cysts found in ovaries
- Patients with unexplained irregular uterine bleeding
- Patients who have uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal insufficiency
- Patients with tumours that are hormone dependent
Side effects of Fertomid 100 MG
- Ovary enlargement
- Hot flashes
- Breast discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Fertomid 100 MG
Can I take Fertomid tablet during pregnancy?
Fertomid is not recommended in pregnant individuals since it does not offer any benefits. There is no evidence that the tablet does not harm human fetus. You should take a pregnancy test before every course of Fertomid tablet to ensure you are not pregnant.
Can I take the Fertomid tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not clear whether the active ingredient of Fertomid, Clomiphene citrate, appears in breast milk. It is likely to reduce lactation. Hence, it is advised that you seek medical advice before taking this medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking the Fertomid tablet?
Visual symptoms can make tasks like driving a car dangerous, especially in low-light conditions. Thus, it is best to avoid driving after taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol after taking the Fertomid tablet?
It is likely that alcohol can excacerbate the side effects of Fertomid tablet. While it is best to avoid drinking alcohol when on a medication, you should ask your doctor if it is safe to consume alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have been told you are infertile or you are going through early menopause
- You have not had periods for a while because you are underweight
- You have 'fibroids' in your womb
- You suffer from polycystic ovaries
- Your ovaries are swollen
- You have a history of hypertriglyceridemia (excess lipids in the blood) in the family
- You are taking other medicines or plan to take others not prescribed by the doctor
Mode of Action of Fertomid 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Clomiphene citrate triggers a cascade of hormonal changes in the body that result in a pre-ovulatory surge of chemicals called gonadotropin and follicular rupture. As an initial response to the medication, the release of gonadotropins from the pituatary gland increases. This triggers production of reproductive hormones and maturation of follicules in the ovary. Plasma progesterone and estradiol levels rise and decline after ovulation, just as they would in a normal ovulatory cycle....
Directions for Use of Fertomid 100 MG
- Take the medicine by mouth with water as an intact tablet
- You should not chew or crush the tablet before taking it
- In a single day, no more than two tablets should be taken
- Do not change or decide the dosage of the tablet by yourself, it is advised to consult a doctor
- It should not be taken by children, adolescents or men
Storage and disposal of Fertomid 100 MG
Store Fertomid tablets in the original container at temperatures below 25°C only. Protect the medicine from light, heat and excess moisture. Ensure that the medicine is out of reach of children. Do not consume the tablets past expiration date. Ask the pharmacist the proper way to dispose of the medicine....
Dosage of Fertomid 100 MG
There have been no reports of toxic effects associated with Fertomid overdosage. However, some symptoms of excess dosage include vomiting, vasomotor flushes, visual blurring, spots or flashes, blind spots, and ovarian enlargement with pelvic or abdominal pain. It is advised to immediately consult your doctor....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dosage, contact your doctor right away because your treatment cycle may need to be adjusted. To compensate for a missing tablet, do not take a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am already past menopause. Is it okay if I take this medication?
A: Fertomid is not recommended in post-menopausal women. There may be other medications that may be safer to use. Consult your doctor in this regard.
Q: What should I do if menstruation does not occur after I have completed a course of the medication?
A: If you do not menstruate after the first course of treatment, your doctor may increase the dose of Fertomid. However, any decisions related to dosage or frequency must not be taken without consultation with a medical practitioner.
Q: Who should take Fertomid?
A: Fertomid may be recommended only in cases of infertility due to improper functioning of the ovaries. In other cases where different reasons may have caused infertility, the treatment will be different. The decision will be taken by a doctor after careful evaluation of patient history and needs.
Q: Is there a difference in the way people react to Fertomid?
A: Majority of the patients are able to develop a sufficient number of follicles post treatment with Fertomid. Patients with Polycystic ovary syndrome may exhibit resistance to this treatment, in which cases, different medications may be more suited. There have been instances of hyperstimulation of hormones, ovary enlargement and of no effect of the medication as well.
- Clomid 50mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/961/smpc#POSOLOGY
- Clomid (clomiphene citrate) tablets label [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/016131s026lbl.pdf
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed