Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Falcigo Plus Tablet is a combination of two medicines-Mefloquine and Artesunate. It is an antimalarial medicine used to treat malaria. It works by inhibiting the protein and nucleic acid synthesis of malarial parasites. Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming before starting with Falcigo plus. Nausea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue are some common side effects of this medicine. If side effects persist or your condition doesn't improve, then immediately inform your doctor. Complete the entire course of this medicine given by your doctor. Do not miss any doses.
Uses of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
Falcigo Plus Tablet is used to treat malaria.
Contraindications of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Mefloquine, Artesunate, Quinine and Quinidine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are having any psychiatric disorders or anxiety disorders.
- If you have seizures (fits).
- If you have or had recently taken Halofantrine, a medicine used to treat malaria.
- If you have or had recently taken antifungal medicine such as Ketoconazole.
Side effects of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Increased levels of bilirubin (hyperbilirubinemia)
Precautions and Warnings of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
Can I take Falcigo Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Falcigo Plus Tablet in pregnancy. Use it if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Falcigo Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
Contents of Falcigo Plus Tablet pass into breast milk and can affect the baby. Use while breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Falcigo Plus Tablet?
Falcigo Plus tablet can make you feel dizzy. Avoid driving and handling any machinery if you experience this side effect.
Can I consume alcohol with Falcigo Plus Tablet?
Do not consume alcohol while taking the Falcigo Plus tablet, as this can make you dizzier.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart or liver disease.
- You are diabetic or have bleeding problems (like thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, etc).
- You have a history of seizures and suicidal thoughts.
- Co-administration with halofantrine or ketoconazole can increase the risk of irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias).
Mode of Action of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Mefloquine inhibits nucleic acid and protein synthesis of the malarial parasite. It also forms a toxic complex with heme, which is a blood component of the malarial parasite and kills the parasite.
- Artesunate also acts by the same mechanism by forming the toxic complex with heme and inhibiting the nucleic acid and protein synthesis of malarial parasites.
Directions for Use of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Take Falcigo Plus Tablet as directed by your doctor
- Take it with a sufficient amount of water
- Do not crush, chew or break the tablet
Interactions of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Mefloquine and Artesunate, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone, may occur with this combination.read less
- Halofantrine (another antimalarial) or ketoconazole (antifungal) can cause irregular heartbeats and fainting (prolonged QTc interval) when given with Falcigo Plus Tablet.
- Other medicines that may increase the risk of heart rhythm disorders when given with Falcigo plus include medicines used in brain-related disorders such as Pimozide, Haloperidol, medicines used to treat heart rhythm problems such as Quinidine, Amiodarone, Sotalol and anti-allergic medicines such as Terfenadine, antibiotic such as Moxifloxacin and gut motility agents (Cisapride, Metoclopramide).read less
Storage and disposal of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store Falcigo Plus tablet in a cool, dry place, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Falcigo Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose of Falcigo Plus tablet are nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable to complete the course of Falcigo Plus tablet and do not miss any dose. If you have missed any dose of Falcigo Plus tablet, then take it as early as you remember.
- If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule.
- Do not take the double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Falcigo plus?
A: Falcigo plus must be taken after malaria is diagnosed and is confirmed by the doctor that it is of an uncomplicated type caused by a certain species of malaria-causing parasites called Plasmodium falciparum. This medicine should not be self-prescribed or taken without the advice of a qualified physician.
Q: Can I continue to take Falcigo plus if I still don’t test negative for malaria?
A: No, Falcigo plus must only be taken for a limited duration as prescribed by your doctor. If you still feel feverish or any other symptoms after finishing the course, then revisit the doctor and take his opinion. Do not continue taking the medicine on your own.
Q: Can I use Falcigo plus for preventing malaria?
A: Falcigo plus is only recommended for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria caused by Plasmodium falciparum and in a few other types of malaria, depending on the setting. This tablet should not be used for the prevention of malaria due to any organism.
Q: What should I do if I vomit after taking the tablet?
A: If you vomit in less than 30 minutes after taking the dose, then you must take the whole tablet again. If vomiting occurs after 30 minutes of taking the dose, then half tablet of the usual dose has to be taken. If vomiting occurs again after taking the next dose, then the treatment may have to be changed. Consult your physician.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Falcigo plus?
A: Do not take this tablet for more than 3-days or the prescribed duration, even if the symptoms do not subside. The dosages vary according to weight and age. Hence, self-administration is not recommended. These tablets have to be taken as per the prescription.
Last Updated on: 31 Oct 2020 | 03:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved