F Tin 20mg Tablets
F Tin 20 MG Description
F Tin 20mg Tab is a prescription medicine. It belongs to the class of antidepressants. The main component in this medicine is fluoxetine. Fluoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI)
. It is used to treat mental health disorders like depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disease, etc. This medicine has certain side effects like chills, nausea, tremors, low sexual desires, delayed ejaculation, etc. These side effects normally do not persist for a long time and usually go away after some time. But if they do not, talk to your doctor about it as early as possible. Always take this medicine at the same time every day. Do not start or stop the scheduled dosage of F Tin 20mg Tab in between its course. Doing this can aggravate the symptoms and might also make you resistant to the medicines. Take it with or without food, as instructed by the doctor. Do not skip or miss any dose. This medicine has the potential to interact with certain medications for kidney diseases, liver problems, heart conditions, etc. So it is important to inform your doctor about those before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹6.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Panic disorders, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Depression, Mood disorders|
|Side effects||Nausea, Restlessness, Vomiting, Dizziness, Confusion, Sleepiness|
Uses of F Tin 20 MG
- This medicine should be used if you have been diagnosed with any of the following diseases:
- Panic disorders (characterised by sudden episodes of breathlessness, increased heartbeat, etc.)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (it is a condition in which the person feels anxiety if a certain set of rules and fixed rituals are not followed)
Contraindications of F Tin 20 MG
- F Tin 20mg Tab is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have heart abnormalities
- If you have kidney diseases
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have liver problems
- If you have cancer
- If you have diabetes
- If you have hypertension
- If you have bipolar disorder
Side effects of F Tin 20 MG
- F Tin 20mg Tab has the following side effects:
- Dryness in mouth- Xerostomia
- Abdominal pain
- Increase in sleep time
- Inability to focus
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of F Tin 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You feel negative feelings or suicidal thoughts.
- You are taking any other form of medicine.
- You are a chronic alcohol user.
- You are lactating.
- You are caffeine-dependent; control caffeine consumption when taking this medicine.
- Your side effects persist for longer than usual.
- You are pregnant.
- Your work requires very precise mental focus and the use of heavy motor machinery.
- Your medicine intake causes you more trouble than comfort.
Mode of Action of F Tin 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of F Tin 20 MG
- Take F Tin 20mg Tab at the same time every day.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole orally with water.
- Do not chew or dissolve it in water.
- Do not take it with alcohol or coffee.
- Take it with or without food, depending upon the instructions from the doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any other illness.
- Do not skip or stop taking this medicine in between its course, even if you start feeling better.
- Limit your caffeine intake as it interacts adversely with it.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Do not smoke when you are taking this medication.
Interactions of F Tin 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Abrocitinib medicine is used for skin allergies and diseases; interaction can cause an increase in the effectiveness of the side effects.
- Acetaminophen medicine is used for fever and inflammation; interaction can cause upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Alprazolam is used to treat anxiety; interactions can cause an excessive increase in sleepiness and decreased respiratory rate.
- Betaxolol medication for ocular hypertension; interactions can lead to blurred vision or, in extreme cases, loss of vision.
- Bismuth subsalicylate is used to treat gastrointestinal and stomach indigestion problems; interaction between this medicine and F Tin 20mg Tab can cause irregular blood pressure and abrupt heart rate.
Interactions with food items
- This medicine can interact adversely with caffeine, so it is advised not to mix both of them.
- Eat a balanced diet full of green leafy vegetables and low sugar levels.
- Do not mix this medicine with any wine or beer.
- Do not eat deep-fried food.
Storage and disposal of F Tin 20 MG
Dosage of F Tin 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is F Tin 20mg tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Can F Tin 20 mg tablets be given to children under 12?
Q: Can F Tin 20mg Tab 10'S make me feel more tired and restless?
- Benfield P, Heel RC, Lewis SP. Fluoxetine: A review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and therapeutic efficacy in depressive illness. Drugs [Internet]. 1986;32(6):481–508. [cited 3 Apr 2022]. Available from:
- Wood AJJ, Gram LF. Fluoxetine. N Engl J Med [Internet]. 1994;331(20):1354–61. [cited 3 Apr 2022]. Available from:
- Cooper GL. The safety of fluoxetine - an update. Br J Psychiatry [Internet]. 1988 [cited 2022 Apr 3];153(S3):77–86. [cited 3 Apr 2022]. Available from: