Etova 300mg Tablet
Etova 300 MG Description
Etova 300mg tablets consist of an active ingredient called etodolac that helps to reduce inflammation in arthritis patients. Etodolac belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflam
atory drugs (NSAID) that is useful to relieve pain, stiffness, inflammation and swelling caused due to arthritis.
Uses of Etova 300 MG
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Contraindications of Etova 300 MG
- Allergic to etodolac or any other ingredients of the tablet
- Severe heart failure
- Stomach bleeding or ulcer
- Liver failure
- Kidney failure
Side effects of Etova 300 MG
- Allergic reactions
- Chest pain
- Black tarry stools or blood in stools
- Difficulty or pain while passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of Etova 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have disorders of the heart, liver or kidney
- You are allergic to etodolac or any other ingredients of the medicine
- You suffer from high blood pressure, asthma or heart failure
- You suffer from fluid retention
- You are on diuretics
Mode of Action of Etova 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Etova 300 MG
- Always take Etova 300 mg tablets exactly as directed by the doctor. The tablet may be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Etova 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Etodolac may reduce the blood pressure-lowering effect of the anti-hypertension medications
- Concomitant therapy of diuretics, tacrolimus or ciclosporin with etodolac can increase the nephrotoxicity of NSAIDs
- Etodolac can decrease the elimination of lithium
- There is an increased risk of haematological toxicity when etodolac is given along with zidovudine
- Etodolac must not be given within 12 days of mifepristone therapy as it reduces its efficiency
- Taking Etodolac and other NSAIDs increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding or ulceration
Storage and disposal of Etova 300 MG
Dosage of Etova 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Etova 300mg tablet affect female fertility?
Q: Can Etova 300mg tablets be given to children?
Q: Can I take Etova 300mg tablets if I have a previous history of stomach bleeding?
- Lodine 600 mg SR Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3857/smpc
- Lodine 600 mg SR Tablets etodolac [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3857.pdf