Etoshine 120mg Tablet
Etoshine 120 MG Description
Etoshine Tablet is a prescription medicine that contains Etoricoxib as the main component. It is an anti-inflammatory medicine used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation. It belongs to the class
of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Etoshine Tablet is used for the treatment of pain, swelling & inflammatory conditions due to arthritis. It is also used for the short term treatment of pain associated with other conditions also. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Etoricoxib. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. The common side effects related to Etoshine Tablet are stomach pain, dizziness, indigestion, diarrhoea and constipation. These side effects are usually mild and not everyone gets them, in case they do not resolve even after a few days, consult your doctor.
- Intacoxia 120mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 135.00₹ 114.7527% CHEAPER₹ 11.48/Tablet
- Retoz 120mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 187.50₹ 159.37₹ 15.94/Tablet
- Etorica 120mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 170.00₹ 102.0035% CHEAPER₹ 10.2/Tablet
- Torib 120 Tablet 10 No'sBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.00₹ 136.0013% CHEAPER₹ 13.6/Tablet
- Retoz Neo 120mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 205.30₹ 174.50₹ 17.45/Tablet
- Etowin 120mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.65₹ 156.10₹ 15.61/Tablet
- Etorvel 120mg TabletBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 167.58₹ 100.5536% CHEAPER₹ 10.06/Tablet
- Nucoxia 120mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 204.25₹ 173.61₹ 17.36/Tablet
- Etrobax 120mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.00₹ 157.25₹ 15.73/Tablet
Uses of Etoshine 120 MG
- It is indicated for the symptomatic relief in swelling, pain or inflammation due to muscle spasm associated with medical conditions like Gout (pain, redness of joints due to deposition of mineral crystals) and arthritis....
Contraindications of Etoshine 120 MG
- If you are allergic to Etoricoxib or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- If your age is below 16.
- If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, bleeding from the intestine or inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke or cerebrovascular disease (disorders that affect the blood vessels and blood supply to the brain).
- If you are suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Side effects of Etoshine 120 MG
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of legs or feet (oedema)
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing sound (bronchospasm)
- Excessive gas
- Mouth ulcers
Precautions and Warnings of Etoshine 120 MG
- Etoricoxib must not be taken during pregnancy.
- If you are pregnant or think you can be pregnant, do not take this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have high blood pressure; your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You are suffering from liver disease or kidney disease.
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increases the chance of heart disease.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
Mode of Action of Etoshine 120 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Etoshine 120 MG
- Take this medicine as advised by your doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Do not take it for more time than prescribed as there is a risk of heart attack and strokes if taken for an extended period in high doses.
Interactions of Etoshine 120 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Etoshine Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Etoshine Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking certain medicines like anticoagulants such as Warfarin, antihypertensive medicines like enalapril, losartan and water pills, medicines for a heart-related disease like digoxin, Antidepressants like Lithium, anti-asthmatic medicines like Salbutamol etc....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antibiotics like Rifampicin for various infections and painkillers like Aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Concomitant use of Etoshine Tablet should be avoided along with birth control pills and immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, as it may increase your risk of side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Taking Etoshine Tablet with food does not affect the way it works.
- Etoshine Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Etoshine 120 MG
- Etoshine Tablet does not require any special storage conditions.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Etoshine 120 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I consult with the doctor while taking Etoshine Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection because this medicine can mask the symptoms of a severe infection.
- For osteoarthritis, weight control and regular exercising can increase muscle strength and reduce the load on joints.
Q: Can I take Aspirin when I am taking Etoshine Tablet?
- Do not take a high dose of Aspirin (above 300m) generally given for pain relief.
- Taking this medicine along with such high doses of Aspirin can increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- If you are taking Aspirin for heart disease (generally low dose), do not discontinue on your own, inform your doctor.
Q: Is Etoshine Tablet safe for use with anticoagulant medicines?
- Etoshine Tablet contains Etoricoxib. Caution is needed when you are using this medicine with anticoagulants as this medicine works by reducing the production of prostaglandins.
- Prostaglandins play a crucial role in clotting and their reduced levels may affect the action of anticoagulants. Close monitoring of clotting parameters such as prothrombin time (INR) is recommended during the initiation of therapy and anytime when the dose of Etoricoxib is modified....
Q: Is Etoshine Tablet safe during pregnancy?
- Etoshine Tablet should not be used during pregnancy or should be discontinued if pregnancy is detected while on treatment with Etoshine Tablet.
- It can delay the labour and can lead to malformations in the growing foetus.