Etos Mr Tablet
Etos Mr Tablet Description
Etos Mr Tablet contains Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside. This medicine is used to relieve pain, swelling & inflammatory conditions affecting the muscle or surrounding joints. This medicine works by b
locking the inflammatory effects of the chemicals and also blocks the signal transmission in the brain and spinal cord and relaxes the contracted muscles. Thiocolchicoside acts as a muscle relaxant whereas Etoricoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAIDs ). You should not use this medicine if you are having any heart, liver or kidney problems or if you are pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbs or supplements you are taking before starting with Etos Mr Tablet.
|You Save||₹21.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Etoricoxib(60.0 Mg) + Thiocolchicoside(4.0 Mg)|
Uses of Etos Mr Tablet
- Etos Mr Tablet is used to treat pain, swelling and inflammation caused due to muscle spasm which occurs in different conditions like low back pain, contraction of the muscles of the neck, muscle weakness conditions due to trauma, brain and spinal cord problems....
- It is also used to treat painful and inflammatory conditions related to joint problems like Osteoarthritis (damage to the joint cushioning), rheumatoid arthritis (pain, stiffness, swelling and loss of movement of joints), gout (pain, redness of joints due to deposition of mineral crystals), ankylosing spondylitis (an inflammatory disease affecting the spine and other large joints of the body)....
Contraindications of Etos Mr Tablet
- If you are allergic to Etoricoxib or Thiocolchicoside or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers
- If you have any problems with your liver and kidney
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke
- If you have high blood pressure that has not been previously controlled
- If you have any inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis or colitis
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding previously
- If you have an allergy for painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen
- If you're pregnant, planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding
- If you are below 16 years of age
Side effects of Etos Mr Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain/discomfort, diarrhoea
- Constipation, indigestion, gas
- Weakness, fatigue, bruising
- Flu-like symptoms, sleepiness
- Swelling of the legs/feet
- Palpitations, increased blood pressure
- Shortness of breath, mouth ulcers
- Blurred vision, skin rash, itching (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Etos Mr Tablet
- Etos Mr Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it may harm your unborn child.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You had or have stomach bleeding or ulcer.
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems You have high blood pressure, your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You have infections (as this medicine may mask the fever associated with it).
- You have diabetes, high cholesterol and smoking habits (as it may increase the chances of a heart problem).
- You have problems of fits (as it increases the chances of convulsions)
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have swelling due to water retention (excess fluid) in the body
- You have a history of heart problems (like a heart-pumping problem or other diseases related to the heart). Your doctor may ask you to come for follow up frequently to check blood pressure and other heart functions....
- You are over 65 years of age.
- You are pregnant, planning to have a baby or breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be given to children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Etos Mr Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Certain substances, when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory condition in the body. So, the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. Etoricoxib belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of the inflammatory chemicals. So, all the symptoms related to it improves gradually....
- The signals and chemicals released by the brain and spinal cord are responsible for muscle stiffness and pain of the muscle and joints.
- Thiocolchicoside interrupts this signal transmission process in the brain and spinal cord and thus relieves muscle spasm and pain associated with it. Thus, this medicine eventually helps in restoring the movement of muscle and joints....
Directions for Use of Etos Mr Tablet
- Take Etos Mr Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Etos Mr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Etos Mr Tablet should be avoided during hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills, as it may increase your risk of side effects.
- Medicines used to modify immune responses such as Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus.
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses such as Lithium containing products.
- Blood pressure and medicines used for heart disorders such as Enalapril, Losartan and water pills.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antibiotics like Rifampicin for various infections and painkillers like Aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Blood-thinning medicines or anticoagulants such as Warfarin
- Medicines used to treat heart failure and irregular heart rhythm such as Digoxin.
- Other medicines such as Salbutamol, Minoxidil, Voriconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Etos Mr Tablet
- Store Etos Mr Tablet in the original pack in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after it passes the expiry date.
- Do not flush the medicine. You need to properly discard it when it is expired or no longer needed.