Epsolin 150mg Tablets
Epsolin Er 150 MG Description
Epsolin Er Tablet is an anti-epileptic medicine used by neurologists for the treatment of epilepsy to control a variety of epileptic conditions (tonic-clonic seizures and partial seizures). It contai
ns phenytoin as its active ingredient. Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy and sometimes loss of consciousness. It is also used to control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery. This medicine works by reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Before initiating the treatment with this medicine you should discuss with your doctor about your complete medical and medication history.
Uses of Epsolin Er 150 MG
- For the treatment of epilepsy (an abnormal brain activity causing different forms of seizures).
- To control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery.
Contraindications of Epsolin Er 150 MG
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to similar anti-seizure medicines (if you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor).
Side effects of Epsolin Er 150 MG
- Skin rashes
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Epsolin Er 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders.
- You have Porphyria (an inherited disease that affects haemoglobin biosynthesis).
- You are diabetic as this medicine can affect sugar metabolism and hormone release.
- You are getting thoughts of killing or harming yourself while taking this medicine, immediately report this to your doctor.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- You develop ulcers in the mouth, throat, nose, genitals and conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes).
Mode of Action of Epsolin Er 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Epsolin Er 150 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Never miss a dose of this medicine as it is likely to cause a seizure.
Interactions of Epsolin Er 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Epsolin Er works or Epsolin Er itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol, blood-thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, contraceptives or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Epsolin Er 150 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Epsolin Er 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is this medicine used for?
Q: How long does a typical seizure last?
Q: When should I take this medicine?
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
- Phenytoin 100mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Phenytoin: medicine to treat epilepsy and trigeminal neuralgia [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]